Afrika?

at the Gampspot editor roundtable (to end E3 yesterday) not a single one of them had a freakin clue (like 8 editors), even after the entire week there. :)

one editor speculated that it might be a "big game" hunting game.

Yea I'd love to see more media on this title. Its one of those titles that seemed to get not enough attention (another one I've barely seen is "8 days" or something).

That first pic has some really nice looking grass :oops:

man! Thats awesome! Great lighting and models! I'll keep an eye out for this... if the premise is interesting this maybe a great nontraditional game for the platform...

Bad_Boy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wMC_F-gMKg&search=afrika
animations are well done also.

Anybody else find it funny, that at the end of the hot shots golf 5 trailer it almost seemed to come out of the afrika trailer. lol Anyways, as nice as the afrika trailer was, I wish it wasnt so vague.

*nods* The animations of the various Zebra's in the herd, as well as the other animals was amazing. Little details like twitching ears added a lot to it. I'll be interested in seeing more on this as it develops.

Last edited by a moderator:
At first glance it looked like some kind of animal simulator where you play"god" and try to balance out the ecosystem. But that doesn't sound interesting if the savana is the only locale.

Wish I was able to see the game first hand.

If this is a "hunting" game I'll start hunting the developers/publishers. That would be such a waste of the beautiful scenery and animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
PeterT said:
If this is a "hunting" game I'll start hunting the developers/publishers. That would be such a waste of the beautiful scenery and animals.

What do you expect it to be then ? :???: If its sandbox style hunting, I think that could be quite nice...you pitch your own tent or what not...interact with aboriginals...

Yay for a poaching game! I can't wait to hunt down an elephant with an AK-47, cut off its tusks and sell them on the black market. Then, after I sell them, I can pull out the AK again and shoot the buyers and take the tusks and the money. It will be like GTA set in Africa, except its about poaching. Maybe I can even set the rainforest on fire and kill some more animals and natives.

Whew, I'm all psyched for this game now...

i'd like to shoot the animals.... with a camera.

it's made me think of a game based around a wild life documentary film crew.

Danalys said:

Yes it definitely appeared to be more intriguing than a hunting game

totally impressed by the trailer and im such a sucker for National Geographic too. now just imagine throw in some Heat haze effect and HDR...YAh

Clashman said:
How about a game where you shoot the poachers?
sounds like fun to me. shooting up and or arresting poachers and avoiding dangerous animals at the same time. :)

Danalys said:

I think you have a point here, kind of like pokemon snap. Except I'd love it to be free roaming instead of on tracks.

In fact, this can be the "Gran Turismo" of camera sims in that you get to use different cameras/lenses/filters etc... And you can save your pictures via USB and print them off and show it off. I'd buy just on that premise alone.

My cards are on some kind of Wildlife-Sim. Were you try to manage wildlife and survive all your animals, playing as a God protector from maybe the advancing industry and people.

Wildlife Tycoon. Increase elephants-breeding. Crush greedy people. Send crocodiles to eat them alife. Shit on local ricefields. Eat their crops. Basicly starve the complete continent, conquer the human-world, and be the dominant species again. :cool:

TrollFace said:
Wildlife Tycoon. Increase elephants-breeding. Crush greedy people. Send crocodiles to eat them alife. Shit on local ricefields. Eat their crops. Basicly starve the complete continent, conquer the human-world, and be the dominant species again. :cool:
I'd buy it.

Back