Frame City Killer canned

By the looks of the last screen shots and video i saw no-one apart fromt he poor team working on it are gonna be missing much. Looked dredfuol to me from a gfx, art direction and just about every other level. Right up there with Shadow run on teh visual side.

Is it old? I thought they were just pushing back the release dates.

It's too bad... I was sorta hoping to see this with polished graphics. The trailer was interesting to me.

Yeah this was cancelled months ago. The cited the reason as development team problems or something to that effect. the development team certainly couldn't handle the unreal 3 tech, that much was obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish i could find the post where i recommended they do this, sure would come in handy now. :)

Maybe we can still get the soundtrack?

Qroach said:
Yeah this was cancelled months ago. The cited the reason as development team problems or something to that effect. the development team certainly couldn't handle the unreal 3 tech, that much was obvious.
No that's just the annoucement of delay, "TBA 2006". The cancellation has been officially announced today.

london-boy said:
What the heck is going on with Namco these days? They seem to be having a rough patch...

I think they've just rean out of idieas. They only have a few major franchises Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Ridge Racer. On the RPG side they are ok though. I think after they got bought by Bandai, management got tighter.

one said:
No that's just the annoucement of delay, "TBA 2006". The cancellation has been officially announced today.

Delay? no, the game was put on indefinite hold months ago. They stopped development on it. it wasn't annouced it was a delay.

NANOTEC said:
I think they've just rean out of idieas. They only have a few major franchises Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Ridge Racer. On the RPG side they are ok though. I think after they got bought by Bandai, management got tighter.

Tekken, Soul Calibur, Ace Combat, Ridge and Tales of.

Qroach said:
Delay? no, the game was put on indefinite hold months ago. They stopped development on it. it wasn't annouced it was a delay.
This is the previous most recent news.
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747906.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/700/700237p1.html
April 5, 2006 - Namco Bandai Games' Frame City Killers caused yet more concern last week when Famitsu listed the game's Japanese release date as having slipped from Spring 2006 to a general 2006 date. We're not sure if this was in error or not, but the game has returned to Spring in the latest issue of the magazine.

Frame City, as it's known in Japan, is still without a final release date, though. Xbox 360 will be getting a major title on 4/20 as Ninety-Nine Nights sees Japanese release. Meanwhile, June 29th will see a flood of new releases. As previously reported, the Xbox 360 will get Ghost Recon, Spectral Force 3, Bullet Witch and Chrome Hounds on that day.

Perhaps we can expect Frame City to fill the gap between Ninety-Nine Nights and the late June flood.

msia2k75 said:
Tekken, Soul Calibur, Ace Combat, Ridge and Tales of.

Tales.. is RPG which I already mentioned.;)

RR has been going downhill.

Tekken is starting to go downhill from the latest screens.

So they've only got SC and RPGs. AC has never been that popular.

Is Namco still the publisher of the Xenosaga series? That's another RPG they have in their lineup, if they don't publish it then please disregard this.

Seriously looking at the latest batch of pictures from this game, I'm not surprised to see them cancel it. It was terrible.
Sonic said:
Is Namco still the publisher of the Xenosaga series? That's another RPG they have in their lineup, if they don't publish it then please disregard this.
They produce this series and publish it.

NANOTEC said:
Tekken is starting to go downhill from the latest screens.

I would hold my judgement until we see more of this game. What was shown at Sony's Conference was certainly not revelant of the final game. There's no way Namco will label this as Tekken 6 because It's just Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection in HD rez', like GT HD is not GT5.

Vysez said:
They produce this series and publish it.
The Xenosaga franchise has been officially terminated; no new titles will be released after this year. And to be honest, with quality going steadily downhill, it was probably for the best.

Back