BioShock

Now i see what Cliff Blezinsky meant when he said that Condemned would be much, much cooler in UE 3.
He actually said that?:oops:

Well, Bioshock surely has potential to be something like SS2 - e shooter that really redefines genre. Hopefully this one will be comercially succesful, though.

Jim Norton said:
A VIDEO?!
Is it available ANYWHERE else but IGN?
No and i would be glad to upload it but i dont think there is any site that permit to visitors to upload 670 MB :D
Rapidshare has a 300mb limit.
aselto said:
He actually said that?

Yes , he wrote it last December in his Blog , actually he wrote his thoughts about Condemned , something like a review.
You can read the whole article here:
The Bludgeoning CSI

This seems just amazing, althought they could make the guy faster and flashlight could be very usefull too, IMO.

This seems just amazing, althought they could make the guy faster and flashlight could be very usefull too, IMO.

Personally I want them to do neither. The fact that the main protagonist is slow - except when he uses the boost - makes it much more adventure-like. It's definitely intended. As for the flashlight, the graphics look much more atmospheric that way.

Personally I want them to do neither. The fact that the main protagonist is slow - except when he uses the boost - makes it much more adventure-like. It's definitely intended. As for the flashlight, the graphics look much more atmospheric that way.

Well it is all about personal preferences (unless they put the option to speed the guy a bit if the user wants), althought I think that a flashlight could help the atmosphere, specially in the exploration side of the game.

A VIDEO?!

Is it available ANYWHERE else but IGN?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock/index.html?q=bioshock

you can stream it at gamespot, which is what i just did, blew it up to full screen. Graphics are top notch from everything i could see. All the textures and detail were superb. Framerate looked solid (again this varies on your bit-rate).

The 1940-50 era stuff actually gives me a little Fallout deja vu. Hope they put in more variations of "badies" though. They all looked like the same skin to me.

i'm under the impression your character is in something like an armored suit. With the "mods" they were showing off i'd be willing to bet you can do a deus ex type scenario where you can mod your characters abilities as the game progresses, including movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, besides now being console exclusive to 360, the new "Bringing it home" trailer on the XBL marketplace is a MUST see (and hear 5.1) absolutely incredible visual fidelity in HiDef at home.

and the action now has me excited as well

Then read further in the thread:

2K Announces BioShock as an Exclusive Xbox 360 and Games for Windows title

New York, NY - September 28, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that BioShock, its highly anticipated and award-winning innovative first person shooter, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360â„¢ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows, the new brand optimized for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Slated for 2007 and developed by Irrational Games, a 2K development studio, BioShock will forever change the expectations for the first-person shooter.

"2K is excited to release BioShock exclusively on Xbox 360 and under the Games for Windows brand on the PC," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "BioShock is the next step in the evolution of first-person shooters and a perfect title to push the limits of Xbox 360."

"We expect BioShock will set a new mark in next generation gaming when it launches next year," said George Peckham, general manager, global third party publishing for the Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft. "We're thrilled that gamers will be able to experience BioShock only as an Xbox 360 and Games for Windows title."

The Games for Windows branding ensures that consumers have a consistent, reliable gaming experience on Windows XP and Windows Vista with easier game installation, improved reliability, and support for key Windows Vista features. These titles will also support wide-screen gaming, can be launched from within Windows Media Center, will be compatible with 64 bit consumer versions of Windows and support the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Taking full advantage of both Microsoft platforms, BioShock takes place among the ruins of an underwater utopia. After your plane crashes into icy, uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an ideal society for a hand-picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, Rapture collapsed under the weight of its own idealism. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors, mutated little girls scavenge the dead, and genetically modified citizens ambush you at every turn.

BioShock is in development for Xbox 360 and Windows and will be released in 2007. For more information please visit www.2kgames.com.

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=212421

New York, NY - September 28, 2006 - 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that BioShock, its highly anticipated and award-winning innovative first person shooter, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360â„¢ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows, the new brand optimized for Windows XP and Windows Vista....

"We're thrilled that gamers will be able to experience BioShock only as an Xbox 360 and Games for Windows title."

yea, that's a little more clear cut to be certain

X06: BioShock Updated Impressions

oh yea...

The combat in BioShock looks amazing, and it looks like your options as a player are nearly unlimited. Whether you want to use explosives, run and gun, shove enemies over ledges, or turn enemies against one another, the choice is yours. There are six modifiable weapons in the game and more than 60 special genetic powers. Plus, just about everything in the environment is interactive, from propane canisters to teddy bears. The environment also reacts to your input, so if you set something on fire, it will continue to burn and eventually envelop large areas, which needless to say can be a hazard or yet another way to deal with pesky enemies. Manipulating the environment and discovering new ways to exploit the sophisticated enemy artificial intelligence to your advantage are much more integral to the BioShock experience than simply blasting everything that moves.

Very cool game.I really like these first person horror games(they are really NOT shooters) in if Condemned is anythin to go by and this game looks 1000 times better.Great atmosphere and graphics.

The first 4-5 months of 2007 will be crazy for the 360 with games like this,lost planet,forza2,crackdown e.t.c

I do have a question though. I read in an article that Rapture was supposedly a peaceful society and the original intentions of the developers was to give the weapons a homemade look, thus the oddity of a weapon the Big Daddy carries. Now unless our hero crafted a shotgun and a 6 shooter...

The Rapture should have been a utopian society "free of moral boundaries", a city of tolerance and of science. That doesn't precluded the existence of weapons, though. The city could have faced enemies from the outside world, etc. Moreover, I'd imagine that the hero as a professional diver surely has at least a knife with him.

Back