BioShock

Nice, but just slightly underwhelming because of the e3 hype about the graphics from IGN et al.

Plus, the game designer talks like he thinks he re-invented the wheel with all that options stuff, when really that type of thing is very rote by now.

I can see why they could do the graphics so well also, the walls of the city limit the draw distance greatly. The game only needs to concentrate on a twenty yard or so area. Not a knock just an observation.

By the way, does anyone know why download accelerators dont work on IGN (at least all the ones I tried)?

I can only get like 240Kb/s from IGN servers. My connection can do double that number easily however, if I could just connect to some mirrors. It really comes into play on huge videos like this one.
________
Avandia Lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW

the lighting, the water, the premise, the execution, the interactivity.... Best of show :D

too bad it looks like the kind of FPS that gives me vertigo. :mad:

Oh and to really appreciate it, I'd love to see it in hiDef instead of 320x180 :rolleyes:

Looks great and the story is really interesting but the framerate was rather poor in it. It seems to go far below 30FPS at times. As someone else mentioned the player always walks very slowly. Kinda odd though that theres only three inhabitant types in the game. Same model for all apparently too :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great and the story is really interesting but the framerate was rather poor in it. It seems to go far below 30FPS at times. As someone else mentioned the player always walks very slowly.

true but considering it's quite a way from release, I will give him the benefit of the doubt on frame rate :smile:

Anyone know what time period the game takes place in? Is it present day?

I think the presenter mentioned something abou the underwater world was built in the 1950's. Not really sure if the time you are down there is actually during that time period.

Anyone know what time period the game takes place in? Is it present day?

[small spoiler warning]

Present day or near future, I'd guess. The "hero" apparently is investigating a plane crash on open water and discovers this underwater city which was built in the late 40ies / early 50ies. Thus the art deco style of the environment and the bio suits.

Yeah I looked up on Wikipedia but I didnt see anything about the actual time period. Just that your plane crashed which could infact still be from that era. Though I did see that 1960's was mentioned as when the ADAM's were found. So its probably present day?

It seems to go far below 30FPS at times. As someone else mentioned the player always walks very slowly. :(

Looked damn smooth too me. How fast can you move when wearing a heavy suite like those. I thought the movements were very realistic. The women that attack you were very quick and the little girls animations were awesome! I'm not sure were you saw the framerate drop below 30fps.

The graphics, animation, and story are great in this game, I can't wait.

Looked damn smooth too me. How fast can you move when wearing a heavy suite like those. I thought the movements were very realistic. The women that attack you were very quick and the little girls animations were awesome! I'm not sure were you saw the framerate drop below 30fps.

The graphics, animation, and story are great in this game, I can't wait.

I just think the character moved slow overall. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with framerate. He walks as fast as Leon in RE4 which is slow IMO.

its up now. :)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/733/733807p1.html

edit:
just saw the 15 min video
bioshock is definatly a game to look out for, the game looks great graphically and gameplay should be a blast. :D

OMG, Bioshock is so cool. I really like that it's more of a open-explorative game with a slow pace instead of a shooter. This is definitely an FPA. Leaving the moral choice to gamer is definitely a plus in my book as well.
Gfx were fine as well, I really like the water.

I love the look and feel of this game, can't wait to see more. I'd like to see the fast action battles though, demo was bit slow imo.

Back