What exclusive games "sell" you the console?

DemoCoder

Veteran
XBOX360: Gears of War and Halo3

PS3: FFXIII, MGS4, and Heavenly Sword

Wii:? Red Steele and Zelda maybe

So far I rate graphics like this:

1. FFXIII
2. MGS4
3. Heavenly Sword and GoW tie (I tend to lean a little more to the color palette and look of HS tho compared to the "UE3 dark look")
4. Halo3. Didn't see enough to fully judge it, but the music alone gets me.

Lair may have a place there too, and the Getaway's scenery is very promising too. MOH:Airborne seemed cool as well but haven't seen any direct feed video or screenshots.
Rainbow6: Vegas and Splinter Cell should also get a mention.

Waiting for Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey...

PS3:heavenly sword ( yeah),MGS4

as for FFXIII well it's kind of borring since FF7 run from point A to B do some battles 30 min cut sequences (press X all the time) boss fight, run from point A to B...

X360: GoW,Halo3 for sure

Easy

360: Bioware games (Mass Effect, Jade Empire 2) Ninja Gaiden 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, Splinter Cell 4
That's what sold me the system, because I counted on these franchises being there. Many of the newer game look great, but I purchased it because of those continuing franchises.

PS3: FF, GTA, MGS4, GT5, and a tentative Heavenly Sword
For me, PS3 right now is all about Final Fantasy & MGS4, they've lost GTA, I'm a little pessimistic about GT5, and the jury is still out on HS.

Easy:

PS3: The staggering amount of RPGs that will be released.
(I played at least 1200 hours of RPGs on PS2 - I doubt Xbox and 360 combined will offer even half as much at the very end of the latter's life-cycle)

And perhaps MGS4 - I usually don't go for much except RPGs and (RT/TB) Strategy, but that trailer was quite something.

There are only two guaranteed system sellers for me:

Zelda and FF... whatever they're on, I'll have or die trying.

That said I'm going to have all 3 (already have 360)

system sellers for me generally are:

RE if done in the style of the 4th
polyphony and melbourne house racers
namco fighters
metroid

so far from this e3:

red steel is a borderline seller (if news media alone can be trusted), but since i'd be getting the wii for metroid anyway, red steel does not contribute much, or at least is not a major contributor. still, red steel alone can potentially be a system seller for me if metorid was not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
System sellers :
1) Wii : Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware (for family gaming, one of the big pluses of owning a Cube). Red Steel maybe.
2) 360 : I already own one, so there is no system to sell me. Pretty good stuff coming for it, though (GoW looks great)
3) If not for the price announcement, FF13, HS and MGS4 would have sold me on a PS3. As it is now, I'll wait for the system to reach a lower price before buying it.

Konami's two guns: Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid

Where they go, I follow.

Oh yah, Final Fantasy is not bad either.

PS3: FFXIII, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Tekken6(if they improve it :devilish:)

XBOX360: GOW, Halo3

Wii: Red Steele

I rate the top 5 graphics like this

FF13
MSG4
HS
GOW
Halo3

At the moment i'm a bit annoyed actually. I am practically forced to buy PS3 because the games i want to play are there and most probably exclusives, but i feel i'm being royally ripped off. If FF, KH, and some first party games were to magically work on X360, i'd be happy. At the moment, MS still releases games that never interested me on the Xbox, and they don't interest me now.

If X360 had the games i want to play, i'd buy one with my eyes closed.

Shame, real shame. Especially for my finances...

london-boy said:
At the moment i'm a bit annoyed actually. I am practically forced to buy PS3 because the games i want to play are there and most probably exclusives, but i feel i'm being royally ripped off. If FF, KH, and some first party games were to magically work on X360, i'd be happy. At the moment, MS still releases games that never interested me on the Xbox, and they don't interest me now.

If X360 had the games i want to play, i'd buy one with my eyes closed.

Shame, real shame. Especially for my finances...
Yeah I know what you mean. Throughout all three conferences im not totally impressed witch any of the "big three." But Sony is the only one with the track record im really interested in but that price really shut down my complete excitement of the overall show. Xbox360 and Wii dont really have many titles id be willing to cough up a couple hundred dollars for.

There does seem to be some exlcusives from sony that spark my attention but whether they are AA+ titles are not, nobody knows.

PS3:
-MGS4 (obviously)
-Tekken 6 (until recently, good god what happened namco; im a huge tekken fan, so ill keep hoping for improvement)
-Gran Turismo 5
-Virtua Fighter 5(i was never a huge fan of VF, but im a big fighting games fan, and since tekken has hit a all time low... i guess VF5 is looking better every day)
-God of War 3? (please sony, make it happen)
-Next gen Socom? (if anything like the previous, should be great online fun)
-I know not a title, but the fact PS3 will be completely backwards compatible is a big thing to me

**And then you have the unknown exclusives, they look like system sellers, but have yet to be proven.
-Getaway (I really liked the style of the trailer this yr, very nice graphics)
-8 Days (the trailer blew me away, and came right out of nowhere I hope to have some graphics/gameplay like that in the final version)
-Naughty Dog's jungle/pitfall type game
-Resistance Fall of man
-Heavenly Sword
-Lair (simply stunning game)

Xbox360: (like I said, never big on the microsoft exclusives, so dont get mad at me if i dont list much)
-Saints Row, I think im one of the few who are actually interested in this title, yea a GTA clone but the footage so far does look pretty fun
-Gears of War (stunning title)
-Fable 2 (I enjoyed playing the first on the pc, pretty good game)
-Mass Effect (an unknown, but the footage looks like it will be a great game to play, i dig the art design on it)
-Graw (not truly an exclusive, but ill admit, the pc version plays like ass)
-Halo 3 (me personally, halo was completely overrated, but i will give bungie the benifit of the doubt, this is next gen, and maybe it will improve enough for me to enjoy it)

Wii:
-I'm sorry nintendo fans, there is completely nothing that interests me on the ninty front. :(
-backwards compatibiltiy with loved old, and classic titles is a plus

I think the features are big sellers this time around, alot more than last gen.
-sony's eyetoy and 360's camera
-blu-ray + standard hdd
-wireless controllers for all
-xbox live, sony's free online(which has yet to be seen)
-like i mentioned, backwards compatibility
-my favorite controller, the DS2, remade. (360 does have a excellent controller also)

So pretty much, Im between between PS3 and360, but im partial to Sony due to its track record. PS3 seems to be the console for me come november, as a college student im not 100% satisfied by cashing out 600 for a console (definately not getting the "crippled" 500 dollar version, damn you sony), but im sure Sony will give me the value I felt it has given me in the past.

/end rant

Last edited by a moderator:
I get both...simple as that..lol..no need to worry about what games to come out on which console...I need Final Fantasy since I am big Japanese RPG fan...also I need Halo to play with buddies and kick their asses. I need Wii if I feel the need to work out.

I heard some such about a lot of the shaders and stuff not being on in the Tekken video... when the hell was this supposed to be coming out?

Not sure if I buy that, but seriously, something is awry if that is the best they can do (surely it isn't)

I mean, my god, just look at SCIII... fucking beautiful. That display was flat out embarrassing... oh well, VF5 should be impressive.

As for features and such... PS3 is clearly the superior value (a 360 with all that would be way way way over 600), but the problem is, they might very well have crossed a line that you simply can't cross. I could build some sort of contraption that is worth 50 million, and sell it for 10 million, and it would be a great deal, but 2 people would be interested....

Serenity Painted Death said:
I heard some such about a lot of the shaders and stuff not being on in the Tekken video... when the hell was this supposed to be coming out?

Not sure if I buy that, but seriously, something is awry if that is the best they can do (surely it isn't)

I mean, my god, just look at SCIII... fucking beautiful. That display was flat out embarrassing... oh well, VF5 should be impressive.
Exactly how I felt. I mean seriously, easily the biggest disappointment over the last 2 days, for me atleast. :(

What would sell me?
On 360...nothing really, nothing spectacular and most games find their way to PC.
On PS3...no idea, we shall see. I almost bought a PS2 for Shadows of Collosus and a few other quirky games, like Katamari.
On Wii..nothing really needed, I'm far more interested in the quirky arcade style games, than the attempts at shoe horning traditional game experiences onto the new controller, so just the existence of those arcade style games will get it into my home. My Dreamcast was played much longer for its arcade style games and wierd controllers (Virtual On joysticks, light gun games, fishing controller, maraccas) than for its traditional games.

Back