[360, PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV

BlueTsunami

I laugh at you! HA HA HA!
Veteran
It was just stated by Peter Moore at the MS conference. He had Halo3 and GTA4 tattooed on his arms :LOL:

It has an October 18th? Release

Edit: Ok! Its not exclusive! It was confirmed by a member of 1up. It just means GTA4 is COMING to the Xbox360...not exclusively...! (Could a Mod please change the thread title pwease!). Its a simultaneous release of PS3 and Xbox360 October 18th 2007! Appearently MS is getting exclusive Online content (some have referred to it as episodic content)

/me wipes the nervous sweat from his brow :LOL:

Press Release said:
-- PRESS RELEASE: Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox... --
360(TM) and PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation
Console Debut of The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360(TM) and
PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation Console Debut of
The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2006--
Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud
to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of
the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by
world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will

Oh and if you want a laugh, read GAFs thread about GTA4 to read one of the biggest overreactions in gaming board history

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive GTA4 online content, not exclusive game. PS3 release seems to be on the same day actually.

Fredi

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming to PS3 and 360 same date:

- PRESS RELEASE: Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox... --
360(TM) and PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation
Console Debut of The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360(TM) and
PlayStation(R)3 Computer Entertainment System; Next-Generation Console Debut of
The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for October 2007 Release

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2006--
Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing
label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud
to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of
the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by
world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be
simultaneously available for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(TM) and
is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16,
2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

DSC_3121.JPG

^
how lame is that?....

I agree.
But it's probably just a working title anyway.

Then we can assume that GTA: VC and GTA: SA are just GTA 3.33 and 3.66 ? ;)

It must get the award for "A press release released most ahead of time"

It's a frigging year and a half away, I would have expected a PR at the 2007 E3 the earliest :D
Additionally, it's only "planned" for release at that date, I wouldn't be surprised if it slips to 2008 with other changes on the way.

Really, I'm not surprised Sony didn't see this worth adding in their pre E3 conference, as it's just too vague a press release.

rabidrabbit said:
Really, I'm not surprised Sony didn't see this worth adding in their pre E3 conference, as it's just too vague a press release.

It's more specific than I'd expect! I'm surprised they have a date so early.

Sony should and could have announced this yesterday, but I think they want to let publishers do their own thing unless it suits those publishers to announce with them at the conference yesterday.

Bottom line is one of Sony #1 system sellers is no longer a system seller, it's now a true cross platform game which is a HUGE win for MS. No longer wil XBOX owners have to wait months on end to play GTA while all their friends play it on playstation.

MS just plucked a very huge feather out of Sony's hat.

scooby_dooby said:
Bottom line is one of Sony #1 system sellers is no longer a system seller, it's now a true cross platform game which is a HUGE win for MS. No longer wil XBOX owners have to wait months on end to play GTA while all their friends play it on playstation.

MS just plucked a very huge feather out of Sony's hat.

exactly

the big deal (after seeing Moore speak) was that it is no longer a Sony exclusive.

VERY big deal compared to last gen for MS

The over-reaction at gaf was hilarious, and at one point the servers were so slow and the posts kept coming in the people mentioning that it wasn't exclusive was lost in a sea of more over reacted posts.

I don't really care for this game, vice city was boring!

Did rockstar release any media though?

drpepper said:
The over-reaction at gaf was hilarious, and at one point the servers were so slow and the posts kept coming in the people mentioning that it wasn't exclusive was lost in a sea of more over reacted posts.

I don't really care for this game, vice city was boring!

Did rockstar release any media though?

Essentially, this is nearly as good for MS, it was Sony's exclusive to lose.

It is interesting that Moore stated it was coming first according to gamespot, "Moore said it was coming to 360 first. What the...?" http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149698

And the press release says otherwise. If that's all we have to go by...I'm leaning towards it still being a timed eclusive, as I think Moore probably knows what he's talking about, and press releases tend to be vague.

The way I see it, GTA is no longer the system seller it once was, which is probably why Sony see it necessary to make it necessarily exclusive. Consider the clones out there (not to mention getaway looks posed to do something like GTA...), the fact that people know its not exclusive (ie Xbox and PC releases that are BETTER than the original after a while), and the fact that they already have a lot of high-profile exclusives going for their system.

Personally I've never been a fan of the series but I guess it does have its appeal. Its not as if Xbox people didnt know that GTA would be coming to Xbox anyway. Or PC people for that matter.

rounin said:
The way I see it, GTA is no longer the system seller it once was, which is probably why Sony see it necessary to make it necessarily exclusive. Consider the clones out there (not to mention getaway looks posed to do something like GTA...), the fact that people know its not exclusive (ie Xbox and PC releases that are BETTER than the original after a while), and the fact that they already have a lot of high-profile exclusives going for their system.

Personally I've never been a fan of the series but I guess it does have its appeal. Its not as if Xbox people didnt know that GTA would be coming to Xbox anyway. Or PC people for that matter.

The #1 selling franchise of last generation is no longer the system seller it was? Wasn't the latest iteration of the series also the best selling? That doesn't jive with your analysis.

The 2 single biggest franchises last generation were GTA, and Halo, both available on 360. You're dreaming if you think Sony wasn't involved in this bidding war, they just lost.

Now it makes sence Sony showed the getaway demos so much. They already thinking about a replacement. anyway.. nice for MS but not a huge win or anything.

3roxor said:
Now it makes sence Sony showed the getaway demos so much. They already thinking about a replacement.

Good luck with that. Getaway the next GTA? :rolleyes: I'd say Crackdown and/or All Points Bulletin are the leading candidates for that spot, being as they're made by the original creator of GTA.

rounin said:
The way I see it, GTA is no longer the system seller it once was, which is probably why Sony see it necessary to make it necessarily exclusive.

Right. Sure.

It's no longer the system seller it once was because its no longer a Sony exclusive.

Back