Lair Trailer (Direct Feed)

Looks realtime to me, and no, I don't think it looks as impressive as the early trailers.

My, how did I become so jaded in a single evening? I guess for $600, I expect graphics a little closer to those 2005 target renders.

that was pretty much CG, its realtime when you zoom into something and look around. this was as CG as the E3 2005 stranglehold video

F5 have never shown CG, but if that was realtime it easily eclipses anything they've shown of the game previously. Stylistically it looks much much better now, for starters.

I'd like to see confirmation that it's realtime, but it'd be a contender for best looking game if it is.

kabacha said:
that was pretty much CG, its realtime when you zoom into something and look around. this was as CG as the E3 2005 stranglehold video

CG is CG and realtime is realtime. Yes, even non-gameplay realtime, it's still realtime and not CG, you don't have to see someone zoom in and out, it just has to run on the hardware in realtime.

Fredi

Laa-Yosh said:
Word on the CG talk forum is that it's a render using ingame assets...

So what exactly does that mean really? I mean there seems to be like 5 different levels of real and fake each.:???:

I am not able to get a high-res version, so this is based on what I saw.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were real time, simply because they did such an astounding job with Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. Now they have a toy many times more powerful to play with.

There's only one level of real, but several of fake. Word is that Lair wasn't real, but we'll have to wait for some direct feed highres stuff...

It looks like we've already been caught out on the real/cg stuff with FFXIII (in a good way), so let's wait for better media. It would be utterly fantastic if that was all in-engine.

Titanio said:
It looks like we've already been caught out on the real/cg stuff with FFXIII (in a good way), so let's wait for better media. It would be utterly fantastic if that was all in-engine.

From what ive heard theres not much going to be shown of Lair in any form untill TGS,
i already know what i think it is so anyone willing to the CG or Not-CG route i welcome to discuss but im withdrawing from that, past E3 is enough for me atleast to not get involved in any such threads. ;)

I think at this point for ALL games until we see someone standing there controlling the game (e.g. HS) we shouldnt rely too heavily on the videos.

The problem i have with this game is not the graphics being realtime or not but i just dont understand what the gameplay mechanic is. I think we'll see plenty of nice looking graphics this week but i want to see some next gen gameplay too.

I think it is Real Time, i mean Sony made a point of saying before every game thats it was REAL Time ( probaly just to shut the haters up ) And considering F5's work on cube id say there's a chance of it being 100% legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
I think it is Real Time, i mean Sony made a point of saying before every game thats it was REALbb/] Time ( probaly just to shut the haters up ) And considering F5's work on cube id say there's a chance of it being 100% legit.

They never said any such thing about any of the trailer montages, yet they were keen to add captions to "real-time" stuff from last year.

Slaaaaabs said:
They never said any such thing about any of the trailer montages, yet they were keen to add captions to "real-time" stuff from last year.

But Sony is'nt making Lair, F5 are :| and ALL the stuff they have shown has been Real Time so why would they start showing CG now???

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
But Sony is'nt making Lair, F5 are :| and ALL the stuff they have shown has been Real Time so why would they start showing CG now???

They had an in-game caption on the last Lair trailer though, why not this one?

Back