E3 Videos of Heavenly Sword, Naughty Dog & Resistance

The Naughty Dog stuff, is just impressive. Their animation work is always top notch.

Dave Perry really kicks ass in that Naughty Dog game. :)

But seriously, all of the above underwhelmed me. 2005's CGI backfired on Sony in 2006.

Kolgar said:
Dave Perry really kicks ass in that Naughty Dog game. :)

But seriously, all of the above underwhelmed me. 2005's CGI backfired on Sony in 2006.

HS and the Naughty Dog game was unimpressive to you? Compared to what?

mckmas8808 said:

I've to say that they could have picked a better stage for HS. Last years video (realtime but sped up) with the heroine ploughing her way through hundreds of enemies was just more impressive. Though I've to admit that the air-combat seemed pretty nice.

mckmas8808 said:

I think Heavenly Sword's lighting in particular was scaled down this year. And I didn't see any massive scenes with loads of enemies hoisting flowing banners... did I miss something, or were those now shown this year?

Honestly, I've found the best gaming to be on PlayStation consoles for two gens now, but suddenly Sony seems to be showing me more smoke and mirrors than concrete goods. I truly expected to be blown away by tonight's demos and get a taste of what "the real next gen" is all about. But what I got was 15 minutes of Gran Turismo 4 in HD, a poor-looking F-1 game, no Killzone, no Motorstorm... not even MGS did a lot for me.

And Tekken 6? Holy shitcakes, Batman, what's going on?

All right, I won't say I was completely "unimpressed" by Naughty Dog's new game, but considering what Sony had set me up for, I can't help but feel they failed to live up to their hype.

naughty dog was CGI. it had full screen unlimited AA and that car and truck explosion was all rendered. and please, dont think that just because it showed a small gun with a number on the side that its a true gameplay HUD

Kolgar said:
I think Heavenly Sword's lighting in particular was scaled down this year. And I didn't see any massive scenes with loads of enemies hoisting flowing banners... did I miss something, or were those now shown this year?

Honestly, I've found the best gaming to be on PlayStation consoles for two gens now, but suddenly Sony seems to be showing me more smoke and mirrors than concrete goods. I truly expected to be blown away by tonight's demos and get a taste of what "the real next gen" is all about. But what I got was 15 minutes of Gran Turismo 4 in HD, a poor-looking F-1 game, no Killzone, no Motorstorm... not even MGS did a lot for me.

And Tekken 6? Holy shitcakes, Batman, what's going on?

All right, I won't say I was completely "unimpressed" by Naughty Dog's new game, but considering what Sony had set me up for, I can't help but feel they failed to live up to their hype.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?r=1&type=mov&id=10420

kabacha said:
naughty dog was CGI. it had full screen unlimited AA and that car and truck explosion was all rendered. and please, dont think that just because it showed a small gun with a number on the side that its a true gameplay HUD
You are confusing two games, the CGI was 8 days by London Studio.

Back