F1 '06 (PS3) new pics

How do other Formula games stack up though? A check on Metacritic (search for 'Formula' in games) shows most F1 games are around the 80% mark for scores. Only one stands out and that's a 2003 PC title (F1 challenge, EA, 91%). And again with got this wierd idea of a game scoring 77% being 'crap', whereas as the best rival seems to score 83% (EAs take on Formula 1). Is the difference between a crap F1 and a good F1 game spanned by only 6 percentage points?

How do other Formula games stack up though? A check on Metacritic (search for 'Formula' in games) shows most F1 games are around the 80% mark for scores. Only one stands out and that's a 2003 PC title (F1 challenge, EA, 91%). And again with got this wierd idea of a game scoring 77% being 'crap', whereas as the best rival seems to score 83% (EAs take on Formula 1). Is the difference between a crap F1 and a good F1 game spanned by only 6 percentage points?

Depends on what you're looking for from your game. If your looking for Arcade game, that 6% might be the difference between crap & good game indeed, if you want something "more serious", "Geoff Crammond" makes the difference :p

Than you very much.:D

NP. I hope the damage improves before launch though. I mean, I'd like the opportunity to have a Williams (or two) have an opening lap shunt (complete with carbon fiber bits going everywhere), not have the track marshalls do a proper cleanup, and then see my world championship hope crumble before my eyes as some of that wonderfully detailed debris ends up in my left rear tire. Oh yeah...I'm a Michael Schumacher fan if you couldn't tell. :LOL: PEACE.

Usually F1 games dont end up to something special. And so far I have mixed feelings about this. The graphics look nice from a trailer I ve seen, but I really cant get much out of it in terms of gameplay and feel. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually F1 games dont end up to something special. And so far I have mixed feelings about this. The graphics look nice from a trailer I ve seen, but I really cant get much out of it in terms of gameplay and feel. Time will tell.

I heard the team making this game actually made a good F1 game years ago. Have you played the F1 demo from the Playstation store yet? It plays great so far. It has some framerate issues every once in a while when taking the turns at high speeds.

But so far so good.

I heard the team making this game actually made a good F1 game years ago. Have you played the F1 demo from the Playstation store yet? It plays great so far. It has some framerate issues every once in a while when taking the turns at high speeds.

But so far so good.

Nope I havent

Mine does. Just go to options and change the weather to "Heavy Rain".

I finally register to B3d after all these years to help that guy out....and you beat me to it......:cry:

yes like this man says :)grin: ) go under the difficulty settings the weather option is there.....

Back