Ageia shilling?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I just put up a quick story based on a thread that was closed here, thought I'd share:

me over at EB said:
Like so many things, it started out with a post over at Beyond3D...

snickenhoven said:
If your interested in hardware or software modding please send a reply. Im in need of some very expirienced and professional modders to work on the latest technology. I cant reviel too much at this time but if you reply with some info about yourself and what makes you qualified i can give out more.

Thankyou
DeathKnight posted up that an identical post was over at Rage3D, and I got a bit curious about who this "snickenhoven" was so I googled a bit and found this:

Have any of you checked out the new PhysX by Ageia. It looks amazing. I cant wait for it to come out. Its like a superboost for your computer. It boosts everything to maximum performance.

You should really check it out if your hoping to make like GOD.

Remember The PhysX by Ageia :oops: !
Posted up at RPG, Hard, and BFG...

As well as the post at B3D & R3D from today over at ExtremeTech and MadShrimp.

Anyone else smell something a bit not-quite-righteous?

That looks like the real deal Hardcore Paid Viral, alright. I'm very disappointed they'd do that.

I'm terribly disappointed in any company who tries to sucker people like this (especially when what they offer is already interesting and appealing in my opinion). What's even worse is that this poster appear to be an idiot too. Poor grammar and spelling, bad composition, silly and overexaggerated claims... Heck, even deadmeat was more believable than this clown! :-?

geo said:
That looks like the real deal Hardcore Paid Viral, alright. I'm very disappointed they'd do that.

It does? To me it seems like any 15 dummy. (which I once was - now I'm just a dummy!)

Btw... Someone's a busy little bee voting down the thread, it lost a star inbetween my first post and Ty's.

Guden Oden said:
Btw... Someone's a busy little bee voting down the thread, it lost a star inbetween my first post and Ty's.
I did; Ageia for the win!!

Ok, not really :LOL:

[Moderator : we don't read blank pages :p]

Ty said:
It does? To me it seems like any 15 dummy. (which I once was - now I'm just a dummy!)

You think? It looked a little too keyword-y to me to be an honest 15 dummy just expressing his love. But maybe you're right. I'd certainly prefer that. If it's not, we'll see more over time.

Asus and nVidia are like salt and pepper. I see aggressive posts on their behalf all the time. Not to mention some review sites that give their products glowing reviews with follow ups while superior hardware by comparison is reviewed once and skillfully diminished.

Sometimes I pity the kids and the sheep that fall for it and other times I think they simply get what they deserve.

Back