PS3: Call of Duty 3!

mckmas8808 said:
Hey they can make a new WWII game every 8 months and I will waste my money on every single one. Why would I want to play different games with different storylines?

[/stupidity]

You should actually learn a little bit about the games before you insult them.

Read any of Randy Pitchford's interviews and you can tell he has great vision for the genre as a whole. He talks, in depth, about the need to expand on character development, and the feeling of comradre, his team redefines the definition of computer AI on the battlefield and STILL you dismiss their game as another WW2 shovelware game.

it's completely obvious you've never player bia2, so I'm not quite sure what you're basing you 'opinion' of the game on.

So Treyarch is developing it? I guess we'll have to wait another year or two before we see the true COD3 from Infinity Ward. Hopefully it won't be PC only with the crappy versions going to the consoles like with Finest Hour and Big Red One.

scooby_dooby said:
You should actually learn a little bit about the games before you insult them.

Read any of Randy Pitchford's interviews and you can tell he has great vision for the genre as a whole. He talks, in depth, about the need to expand on character development, and the feeling of comradre, his team redefines the definition of computer AI on the battlefield and STILL you dismiss their game as another WW2 shovelware game.

it's completely obvious you've never player bia2, so I'm not quite sure what you're basing you 'opinion' of the game on.

No honestly you are right with this one. I haven't played BIA2. I was pretty much just ranting on about WWII games. Sometimes I get pissed when I see another being made that I just say anything.

czekon said:
yeah it's not in game :???: anyway after CoD,BiA,MoH,RTCW i want to play something else
RTCW has a very different focus and feel than the other WWII games.If nothing else it seems that the new FPS for the ps3(resistance) is emulating RTCW with its monter/WWII setting.

Come to think of it i can't wait for the next RTCW....

So at the worst of worst cases we will get a bit lower qualitity than CoD2 on the Wii up to this level of qualitity, things are shaping very well for Wii specs/gfs IMO, btw can someone teach dev a bit of belic history we have lots and lots of wars...

<------- Not a tech expert

My question is, if this is CG like some people think, would there be clipping? You can clearly see the dying solider's hand go through the ground.

I can understand why people are tried with WWII, but I am not and it's for a very simple reason. Weapons, WWII weapons IMO are so much more fun to use then a M16 or AK-47. BiA took the genre a step forward and gave it new life. Call of Duty does what it does best and improves it with each sequel. They just need to translate the online experience to the consoles better.

Synergy34 said:

My question is, if this is CG like some people think, would there be clipping? You can clearly see the dying solider's hand go through the ground.

I can understand why people are tried with WWII, but I am not and it's for a very simple reason. Weapons, WWII weapons IMO are so much more fun to use then a M16 or AK-47. BiA took the genre a step forward and gave it new life. Call of Duty does what it does best and improves it with each sequel. They just need to translate the online experience to the consoles better.
Different people have different definitions of CGI. This one I think is similar, but slightly more artificial than the Brothers In Arms 3 trailer. They both feature texture aliasing and what I suppose you would call 'in-game asset' level models and textures. They are definitely not rendered at 720p though (there isn't even a hint of edge aliasing), and similar to the Heavenly Sword E3 trailer, they look to have been augmented with cinematic post processing effects. They're also entirely scripted scenarios and do not show actual gameplay. With offline rendering there is also the luxury of adding environmental features and graphical content which may not be possible in the final game.

But given that this is allegedly coming out in the Fall, I have to believe that it was created in a platform specific game engine given all the caveats which make a 'true' CGI version unlikely. I suppose you would call it a poor man's CGI since you're generating something comparable to CGI at a fraction of the cost.

mckmas8808 said:
Hey they can make a new WWII game every 8 months and I will waste my money on every single one. Why would I want to play different games with different storylines?

[/stupidity]

You know I am with you on this one. Not that I have anything against WW2 games. But I d like to see these games (or atleast their sequels) less often but with much more quality since they will spend more time on it.

I feel like they are ruining it by releasing one every 1 or 2 years. Getting 3-4 sequels in each console generation takes away from the pleasure of waiting something rare and great. The sense of value is reduced for me.

I felt the same thing in the previous gen when we got 3 Silent Hills, 4 burnouts, 2 Soul Caliburs, 3 Rachet and Clank, 3 Jaks, 4 Resident Evils , etc etc.
Not that I dont like these games. I love em but I dont feel the same excitement anymore when a new sequel is announced, or when I get my hands on it.
The smaller the gap between sequel releases the less improvements and differences you get between them. The bigger the gap means more time and money spent for a sequel until its miles better. It also creates a sense of waiting.

But when I get a sequel every year I am like "bah I expected this was going to happen. And I just got the previous game a few months ago." and I wouldnt be expecting a bigger difference in *title*3 from *title* 2 than what I got in*title*2 from *title* 1.

Final Fantasy ended up like that too. We got a great game in 1997(very excited), in 1998 we got a not so much better FF8(just excited), and FF9 in 1999(not excited) that was very much like 8 and 7 only improved here and there.

But damn if I waited for a few more years with no sequel and got FF8 on PS2 instead I would have been much more excited. I would have been more excited than when FFX was announced on PS2

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing games based on real wars makes me feel weird. Maybe I studied too much about modern Germany in college or something.

Synergy34 said:

Cripes, when I was working at Mainframe, I noticed clipping in tons of our shows. Existence of clipping proves nothing more than that there is clipping. :p

Shogmaster said:
Cripes, when I was working at Mainframe, I noticed clipping in tons of our shows. Existence of clipping proves nothing more than that there is clipping. :p

Mainframe? That company sounds familiare! Did they happen to produce a show called Reboot, or do I have your Mainframe confused with another company of the same name.

Qroach said:
That's mainframe alright. Among other shows...

Damn, I love that show! I can still remember the episode when Enzo turned from 0 1 to 1 0 and how that computer voice used to say, "warning; in coming game" every time a game-cube would drop down.

Nesh said:
Final Fantasy ended up like that too. We got a great game in 1997(very excited), in 1998 we got a not so much better FF8(just excited), and FF9 in 1999(not excited) that was very much like 8 and 7 only improved here and there.

But damn if I waited for a few more years with no sequel and got FF8 on PS2 instead I would have been much more excited. I would have been more excited than when FFX was announced on PS2

FF7 was released in 1997, 8 was released in 1999, and 9 was released after the PS2 launch in 2000.

ban25 said:
FF7 was released in 1997, 8 was released in 1999, and 9 was released after the PS2 launch in 2000.
*scratches head*

Anyway :p

The point is still the same :smile:

Back