Looking for tech docs (HW/SW) about the "ancient" G400

msxyz

Newcomer
HI,

I'm just a collecotr of oddities with an interest in hardware and software. Besides an ever increasing pile of old hardware (my family says junk ;) ) I'm also trying to collect any release notes, technical datasheets, programming manuals on said hardware.

I'm currently looking for some material on the Matrox G400. I know that the Canandian firm has not always been very keen on releasing information regarding the innards of their products but recently an individual informed me that Matrox had indeed an open area for developers which contained a great deal of information about their products and their use.

Sadly all the links I've found are dead or inaccurate and the Marox site archives reports only some bland marketing informations. The G400 has always fashinated me and, at the time of its release, it was a forbidden dream for a broken student like me who had to assemble his PC out of the scraps of his richer friends. I acquired a couple of boards only recently to join my collection but I also wanted to know more about them.

Anybody can help ? :)

msxyz said:
HI,

I'm just a collecotr of oddities with an interest in hardware and software. Besides an ever increasing pile of old hardware (my family says junk ;) ) I'm also trying to collect any release notes, technical datasheets, programming manuals on said hardware.

I'm currently looking for some material on the Matrox G400. I know that the Canandian firm has not always been very keen on releasing information regarding the innards of their products but recently an individual informed me that Matrox had indeed an open area for developers which contained a great deal of information about their products and their use.

Sadly all the links I've found are dead or inaccurate and the Marox site archives reports only some bland marketing informations. The G400 has always fashinated me and, at the time of its release, it was a forbidden dream for a broken student like me who had to assemble his PC out of the scraps of his richer friends. I acquired a couple of boards only recently to join my collection but I also wanted to know more about them.

Anybody can help ? :)

Have you checked with the X guys? They collect ancient documents, too.

www.freedesktop.org

Thanks for the reply. I gave a quick look at their site but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

Probably only someone who worked on some code or visited regulary Matrox developer site could provide what I'm looking for. And probably Beyond3D is the right site to look for these guys.

Again, thanks... I though Murc had closer the doors long ago.

Anyway, before joining another forum I hope someone from the resident experts around here notices this topic and provides some useful anwers.

I can't believe nobody bothered to gather this infos... I've seen programming manuals and tech notes for stone age chips like the S3-Virge or the Verité still floating around the net

Back