360: Fear to strike soon

Maybe its just because I played this already on the PC, but almost a year later, who cares. Does anyone else think that these PC ports that come out awhile AFTER the original are even worthwhile? (I suppose so, since they make plenty of them)

expletive said:
Maybe its just because I played this already on the PC, but almost a year later, who cares. Does anyone else think that these PC ports that come out awhile AFTER the original are even worthwhile? (I suppose so, since they make plenty of them)

There are a lot of people who couldn't play fear due to it's high system demands. This would be viable option for them. Ofcourse we don't know if they changed anything or added more content.

Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3... Nope.

None for me.

Then again, why rent a crappy Xbox version when you already have played the game on the PC a year before?

I guess we could look at sales figures for the above on the Xbox and see how well they did. But certainly, FEAR on the 360 doesn't interest me at all.

RancidLunchmeat said:
Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3... Nope.

None for me.

Then again, why rent a crappy Xbox version when you already have played the game on the PC a year before?

I guess we could look at sales figures for the above on the Xbox and see how well they did. But certainly, FEAR on the 360 doesn't interest me at all.

wow crappy xbox version even, sorry but for millions of others this is their chance to play another solid pc title

Well sure, but 'crappy' is a relative term. And I rather think its appropriate when you compare Half-life2, Doom3, Far Cry on the Xbox to their PC counterparts.

And I believe that was the question that expletive was asking. Are these games of interest to anybody on the X360 that already has them on the PC?

My answer is no. Just as the Xbox versions of the above games weren't of any interest to me.

Certainly, for people lacking the ability to play these games on the PC, they make sense for those who have them on the X360. (Also, there's the fact that the X360 versions of games are currently closer to their PC counterparts [sometimes even superior] than the previous PC/Xbox titles were.)

Then again, at this point of the X360's lifecycle, how many people own a 360 that don't also own a computer good enough to play them that way? The xbox games I mentioned above all came out at the end of the Xbox's lifecycle.

RancidLunchmeat said:
Well sure, but 'crappy' is a relative term. And I rather think its appropriate when you compare Half-life2, Doom3, Far Cry on the Xbox to their PC counterparts.

And I believe that was the question that expletive was asking. Are these games of interest to anybody on the X360 that already has them on the PC?

My answer is no. Just as the Xbox versions of the above games weren't of any interest to me.

Certainly, for people lacking the ability to play these games on the PC, they make sense for those who have them on the X360. (Also, there's the fact that the X360 versions of games are currently closer to their PC counterparts [sometimes even superior] than the previous PC/Xbox titles were.)

Then again, at this point of the X360's lifecycle, how many people own a 360 that don't also own a computer good enough to play them that way? The xbox games I mentioned above all came out at the end of the Xbox's lifecycle.

how many people have the pc version vs how many people don't on the 360? im willing to wager a lot more. what if they add new features, levels, etc to the 360 version? it's good for everyone when solid titles from one platform is released on another (if they keep the quality up that is). of course that's IMO :D

Is it good for everybody, or is it good for those people who don't already own a version of the game on another platform?

How many people buy the same game for two different platforms even if a few extra things are added?

I'd guess not very many.

How many people bought DoomIII to play on the Xbox after they had already had it for a year for their PC, simply because the Xbox version had co-op?

I'd bet that most just skipped it entirely, a few rented it to play through the Co-op mode, and very very few bought another copy.

RobertR1 said:
Ofcourse we don't know if they changed anything or added more content.

The link mentions new single player and multiplayer content.

I actually wouldn't mind picking up Fear for the 360 if the framerate were as stable as in Condemned. I hope they enable soft shadows too. :)

Back