Rerelease of Star Wars: Eps 4-6

Not really, now you can have both the ORIGINAL theater version and the improved one on DVD, definetly something nice, since I much prefer the original version I saw so many times I prefer not even to try to count ^^
The "improved" version has a lot of nice things too, but some errors are still in here. (Ep4 when the red droid blow up next to luke, and you see it right next to R2 the next scene, then next to luke again the following scene ^^)

I think I've had enough for now, thank you.
I'm a fan, but not that big a fan.
I'll just wait for the eventual Blu-ray high definition releases until I buy the Star Wars again.
I haven't bought but the IV and V on VHS, the IV being the original version I bought from a sale somewhere, and the V was also on sale and is the "improved" version, after that I've just bought the DVD pack of IV, V, VI and the prequels I, II and III.
Releasing the originals on dvd is a nice gesture for the true fans, but I almost prefer the enhanced versions of the movies though they do have parts in them that grate somewhat, but the good overweights the bad and although not all the new sfx fit in that wel with the rest of the old films, they do fit better than the dodgy original effects that were replaced.

rabidrabbit said:
I'll just wait for the eventual Blu-ray high definition releases until I buy the Star Wars again.
My thought exactly. I'm not going to buy the same damn movies over and over in trivially different versions, there has to be a BIG change for it to be worth the expense.

Besides, who wants to again see Greedo amateurishly trying to kill Han Solo in yet another revisionist version of history, when we all know Han fired first anyway?

I could be without the "improved" singing-and-dancing routine in episode VI though. That really annoyed me, as if there wasn't enough shit to be annoyed with already in that movie (think "ewoks" here :LOL:).

I have to say the ending of the special edition Ep. VI is better than the original theatrical version, and the re-written music is awesome. IMO.

_xxx_ said:
Yet another re-re-re-re-re-release? :rolleyes:
Lucas has been living off it for the last 30 years, why should the next 30 be any different? Personally I've had enough of buying Star Wars limited edition box sets that are "only available for a short time", but always being refreshed every couple of years.

I've bought the originals, the updated, the DVD, and skipped on the new ones (might be tempted by a DVD box of 1-3 for completeness once they get cheap), but I'm really not interested in yet another rehash of Eps 4-6 until I go hi-def.

As others have mentioned, you'd have to be completely nuts to buy this new release when HD versions should be just around the corner.

We already know Lucas has no shame in just releasing anything new with the name "Star Wars" to continue cashing in. (Episodes I-III for example. ;) )

Guden Oden said:
Besides, who wants to again see Greedo amateurishly trying to kill Han Solo in yet another revisionist version of history, when we all know Han fired first anyway?

That's the point of this release, though ? At long last we get a DVD where Han shot first.

Bloody typical, I bought the 'propper' Star wars on Laser Disc off ebay about 3 months ago. On DVD now, and not only does Han shoot first, Greebo doesnt even get a shot in!

I remember it with grebo shooting, but missing, but Ive now watched it about 10 times, and I cant see a shot from Greebo at all.

Ali

I haven't bought star wars, I haven't bought lord of the rings.

I will not buy anything until hddvd and bluray duke it out then I will get them. For now I can either borrow them from friends or realize that as a kid I watched star wars so many times at my cousins that I have little desire to ever see it again.

Back