Rayman Raving Rabbids announced (Wii launch title)

Kaotik said:
There's also 720p version of the "game screen" alone - if it would be from Wii, why would it be in 720p instead of 480p?
Valid point. We have seen oversized dev-shots before though. How's about that's an XB360 screen (at 720p) but being mulitplatform they've used the lowest specs to determine assets for all systems? :p

Shifty Geezer said:
Valid point. We have seen oversized dev-shots before though. How's about that's an XB360 screen (at 720p) but being mulitplatform they've used the lowest specs to determine assets for all systems? :p
That would be messed up with Double Agent coming out of the same company...

...but not at all surprising in this day and age of a last generation console outselling 2x a next generation console month on month.

Shifty Geezer said:
It's the pick in the original post, only of the game and not the two boys. As to deriving the entire system performance from one screen from one game, of course not. But the low poly models aren't indicative of a more capable machine. If they can render 5x the poly count, why such simplistic rabbits? Maybe for scenes where there's a thousand rabbits on screen? I dunno. Certainly we haven't seen anything this simple on PS3 or XB360 (I don't think), but have seen similar quality from current gen, which gives a slight example, backed by lots of rumour and speculation, of what to expect from the system as a whole.

That's not the page he linked too, not that its important, just saying.

As to the shot in the original post, even GC could render many times more polygons then we can see in those models, so I don't think that proves much. I'm not trying to claim that Wii is super powerful, just that its silly to draw a conclusion from this game. Frankly I wouldn't be suprised to see the game looking very similar on all consoles (obviously it'd be 720p on 360 and PS3).

Last edited by a moderator:
Teasy said:
There wasn't a screenshot at that link (just a wierd drawing with WIIIIIIIIIIIII written on it), plus it would be silly to look at a screenshot for a game (especially one such as this) and declare that it confirms how powerful the system will be..

That's why I assumed you were joking.
Well, when I posted the link, it had the in-game shot there. Apparently it vanished by the time you clicked it.

Ok, this is resurrection from the dead...

However, there's finally some news about what Rayman Raving Rabbids really is...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/728/728359p1.html

Now the game is a collection of 80 party games with a concrete story set in the Rayman universe:
Every mini-game is included into the storyline through a short video in which the player also has the chance to learn the controls. The games are divided up into four main groups, including dance, race, first-person shooter and micro games.
The game will of course feature a multiplayer mode in which you can either play together against the bunnies (FPS) or compete against other human players.

To conclude we have to say that Rayman is really an impressive game. The control scheme is exactly what Wii needs, the ideas the team had for the game are just great and it features some of the best comedy moments we have ever seen in a videogame. If you like funny games with a crazy story, you're going to love what Michel Ancel and team have done with Rayman's latest outing.

How does that compare with the other console versions? Are they also 80 party games with dance games? Or is the Wii flavour of the game different, and on the other platforms it's a Rayman platformer?

How does that compare with the other console versions? Are they also 80 party games with dance games? Or is the Wii flavour of the game different, and on the other platforms it's a Rayman platformer?

Sorry but I don't know. All IGN has to say on the topic of PS, Xbox releases is

NOTE: Although this new Rayman has been announced for current-and next-gen platforms, it has not yet been confirmed exactly which systems it will be released on. This platform may or may not be part of the final release plans. Please check back for official updates.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/821/821581.html

Same for Xbox, PS2, etc.

The official site has the following statement

Rayman Raving Rabbids will also be available on PC, home consoles and handhelds

http://raymanzone.uk.ubi.com/ravingrabbids/
So far there's nothing specific on the other versions.

EDIT: forgot link

I dont think Ive ever seen so much force put behind rayman before lol. It was great in the beginning but kinda died off. Now it seems it's back and more powerful than ever, hitting all hardware possible.

I loved the first rayman on the PS1. I hope this one does some justice to the first one. :)

Perhaps include the old rayman and make it unlockable after you finish the game?

O.K., take this one with a grain of salt. But it's at least somewhat plausible...

While Rayman Raving Rabbids is slated to arrive on the Wii, PS2, PC, Xbox, and Xbox 360 this holiday season, Ubisoft has been quite open in saying that the title is being designed from the ground up for the Wii. Now comes news from Spanish gaming site MeriStation that Rayman's party game will be exclusive to Nintendo's new console until May 2007.

The site claims to have confirmed the news with Ubisoft at the Leipzig Games Convention last week. Ubisoft would only tell us that the title is currently scheduled for current and next-gen release holiday 2006. But the fact that development has been focused on the Wii version could mean a timely port would be difficult, if not impossible.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/728/728804p1.html

I don't know how reliable or trustworthy Meristation is though...

And we've got a denial...

According to the publisher, Michel Ancel's latest twisted off-spring is still planned to launch alongside Nintendo's latest console. However, it's also confirmed that Rayman Raving Rabbids is scheduled "for old and next-gen platforms for release in 2006".

Raving Rabbids has previously been announced for DS, GBA, PC, PS2, Wii and Xbox 360.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/729/729637p1.html

Back