Too Human Gameplay Footage (shaky cam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The graphics, gameplay, and effects all look pretty good.

The enemy character models can't really tell.

But on the bad list is definitely the enemy AI. I can't even fathom what they're supposed to be doing! :p

But it looks good overall.

Yeah, thats got 'beta version written' all over it with the collision problems, etc..

But the gist of it looks good..can't wait for official (clear) footage!

It's beta so I'll cut it some slack but I wasn't too impressed with the animations seemed umm clunky I guess and some of the camera angles weren't the greatest. Still has alot potential obviously.

Ya it's obviously an early work in progress, the battle animations looked really nice though, and I loved seeing him launch enemies 50ft into the air. The camera definately needs some work.

gfx looks v good but combat is far away from being fluid like gow or ng i dont like it i hope they will improve it in latest versions. Some moves are cool but overall it's weird

They need to fix the animation. After Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, clumsy animations in melee combat are just totally unacceptable. Particularly if this game has the budget of a small movie.

I think the animations are looking great, especially the giant robot about 1/2 way through. Clearly there's very limited AI implemented and also limited # of enemies on screen at once too. Framerate looks rock solid though, which is always a good sign for games earlier in development. I figure this game has about 7 months to go which should plenty of time to iron out these issues.

expletive said:
I think the animations are looking great, especially the giant robot about 1/2 way through. Clearly there's very limited AI implemented and also limited # of enemies on screen at once too. Framerate looks rock solid though, which is always a good sign for games earlier in development. I figure this game has about 7 months to go which should plenty of time to iron out these issues.
Are you kidding? The character slides around without his legs moving a ton and the attack animations all look totally wooden. What use is a couple of nicely scripted 'boss' animations if the rest is poor?

Obviously they have plenty of time to fix this, but at the moment, I feel the animations are really dragging the game as a whole down.

I do hope they have a more recent built for E3. Not so much because I give a damn what people will think of a half finished game but one would exdpect for a game that comes a buit later this year to not have those problems at this stage...

predicate said:
Are you kidding? The character slides around without his legs moving a ton and the attack animations all look totally wooden. What use is a couple of nicely scripted 'boss' animations if the rest is poor?

Obviously they have plenty of time to fix this, but at the moment, I feel the animations are really dragging the game as a whole down.

I watched it again and I dunno, I still disagree. I think the animations (particularly between 1:00 and around 1:50) are great. I think youre always going to see some of what you talk about with the sliding because of the balance between animations and response time/gameplay but as far as this game goes, i think the animations are one of its strong points.

you guys are complaining about the game as if it was finished, it's still 6 months away from being released.

i just read that this vid was taken about 2 months ago lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Description: For our preview, we were given an extremely early and fairly buggy beta with just one level and weapon set to play with. While this was fairly limiting, it gave us an opportunity to see the in-game visuals, experience the gameplay, and to get a glimpse of SK’s new camera system. As we sat down for the preview of the game, an eerie Citadel environment emerges on the screen. A solid set of footsteps pounds on the ground, as the camera focuses on the entrance—we see emerging from the light an impressive character donned in red and black with gold trims. This man is the cybernetic God, Balder.

http://www.bytesector.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1450

Ew.

My partial excitement has turned into indifference. I like the switch to a more dynamic camera view, other than that the camera seems "eh" at best. Everything else from what I can see looks stiff and well... lacking excitement.

It is early footage "God I hope so", so I will cut it some slack, but at current "Too Human" has fallen off of my "Somewhat Interested In List" and isnt even on the same block as my non-existant "Must Have 360 Game" list.

Sorry Too Human... Maybe future footage will re-establish my interest. This is why i couldnt care less if a game developer shows early footage, because it usually just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kabbage said:
Sorry Too Human... Maybe future footage will re-establish my interest. This is why i couldnt care less if a game developer shows early footage, because it usually just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Seeing as the footage is from a horrible quality consumer video camera, i dont think the general public was supposed to be making judgements on this build. If SK wanted that, they would have released some direct feed stuff. Honestly i'm surprised bytesector is getting away with showing it at all.

expletive said:
Seeing as the footage is from a horrible quality consumer video camera, i dont think the general public was supposed to be making judgements on this build. If SK wanted that, they would have released some direct feed stuff. Honestly i'm surprised bytesector is getting away with showing it at all.

SO would it have been ok If i said " OMG this game will Own" from this horrible quality footage... I dont need Super High res footage to know klunky animation and uninspiring combat when I see it.

I honestly hopes it improves because my 360 is being heavily ignored and I dont like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back