First Overlord Screens

expletive

Veteran
Not sure what platform this is but i'm guessing 360 because of the source of the news.

Seems to be a fable-esque game, looks interesting...

*Link removed because it appears they're scans*

Last edited by a moderator:
graphics certainly look good from those scans....

quite interested in these sort of games now ever since buying oblivion, so will keep an eye out for more info at e3 on this one.

Jabjabs said:
By fable-esque you mean exactly like Fable?

No, not exactly, just similar.

Took the link out because it seems these are scans. If an op could fix the title that would be appreciated though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanio said:

Thanks for the new links!

There was one picture in the scans that had this goofy deranged elf looking into the "camera" at the player which looked really cool, hopefully that one will surface at some point.

All these games getting announced now, i dont know if E3 will be anti-climactic or this is the calm before the storm...

Looks awesome. I'm actually excited by these screens. Its like Kameo with less shinyness. More earthy. Great pix!

It sure has a Fablesque vibe to them and those screens look OK, there are for sure many things that can still be enhanced and hopefully that will be done at some point...

Don't think so, it's actually pretty hard to get that aliased alpha-masked transparency seen on the greenery and other stuff in an offline renderer. I'm almost entirely sure that it's realtime, though it might be downscaled from an oversized devkit framebuffer grab.

This game looks like it might pretty funny. In the second picture, theres the one imp downing the mug of ale. Then in the same picture, off to the right, is that one imp doing what i think he's doing? What a way to introduce the game to the public. :D

Wow this game looks awesome. It would be a blast to command an army of imps and pillage poor peasant towns. I wish I could do this in Oblivion.

Back