Resistance: Fall of Man playable at E3

Titanio

Legend
Though it was suggested at GDC, this is the first confirmation. From Insomniac's latest newsletter:

At Insomniac, it’s also an exciting time. While it’s true we’ve been working
very hard to polish our gameplay for E3, we’ve been enthusiastic about doing so
knowing that Resistance: Fall of Man is about to make its public debut after
much anticipation. We can’t wait to turn people loose and experience
Resistance: Fall of Man for themselves, but with the waiting comes the
inevitable feeling of having butterflies in one's stomach. While the
expectation levels are high, we think we’re well on our way to creating a truly
next-gen FPS that blends high quality gameplay, incredibly detailed
environments, rich sound and a unique, immersive universe.

So here we are, crunching into the night... working towards something that's really fun to play. In between, you can catch us playing a little "Geometry Wars" or "Fight Night" to blow off some steam. We've also been playing our own game... over and over and over again. At first, things look ugly, and you wonder how it's all going to come together. Then the next time you load up, you notice textures went in. Then you see some animation sets flesh out. Then one day you're playing while a crowd of spectators slowly gathers behind your desk and you find yourself swearing "...just one more game."

Spotted by SolidSnakex on GAF. It'll be interesting to see how it's shaping up, 5 months on from the GDC code.

rounin said:
Resistance looks to me to be just another bland FPS :???:

I've not been overly impressed yet, but then I've only seen very very little of it. The last GDC vid was blurry, and interrupted, and of a 5 month old build. I'm open to seeing improvement, certainly, and I think there will be one at E3..but we've really seen so little of it to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to give the game the benefit of the doubt because it's from IG, but unless it looks massively upgraded at E3, it's going to be a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong though, and that the game looks and plays amazingly.

Back