Titanio

Legend
Wii (as in "We")

http://revolution.nintendo.com/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/index.html

nintendowii21eu.jpg

nintendowii13id.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the "no confusion" bit funny, because I was initially looking at it and pronouncing it like "why". But "We" makes more sense. And the two 'i's do kind of evoke the controller.

Also...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! ;)

British slang:

Wee: Verb. To urinate. Generally inoffensive and mainly regarded as a children's expression.

Brilliant name there Nintendo. *Slaps forehead*

Still, I suppose they will get plenty of publicity here in the UK - mostly from people making fun of the ridiculous name.

"Wii". Pronounced "we". Which is much the same as "wee".

Someone did remember to tell Nintendo that "wee" is a marginally more polite way of saying "piss" in the UK, right?

That's the stupidest name for a console I've ever seen. And there have been some pretty stupidly named consoles...

Ooooh, does this mean we can look forward to adds like:

"I'm feeling happy and gay now that I have my Nintendo Wii"?

Also, if you buy 2 of them and have to take them to a friends house, does that mean you have to take a Wii Wii?

This is even worse than the boomerang controller. I can't imaging a large portion of the teen to 30's males are gong to want to rush right out to get a "Whee!"

Seems like NeoGAF already collapsed from laughter. :D

I'm going to play with my wee.

Fredi

I'm gonna shake my wii at the TV!!!!

"Is there a little girls room in the hall?"
"Wii wii, madam."
"Oh no, I just want to powder my nose."

Furthermore, he's an official warning that will be in the Wii setup guide and instruction manual:

Please remember that bacteria and other micro-organisms can transmit disease through shared peripherals. Be sure and disinfect your Wii before handling anyone else's or allowing anyone to handle your own Wii. Remember, only you can prevent bird flu, wipe down your Wii.

Mariner said:
Still, I suppose they will get plenty of publicity here in the UK - mostly from people making fun of the ridiculous name.
They have totally lost the UK market with this, for sure. No kid is going to go to school and when asked what console have you got, PlayStation, XBox or Nintendo, admit to owning a wee. Kids were embarassed enough to admit to owning a GC it had so little street cred.

Probably a good name for the East, and perhaps a little better than iConsole, but not a good choice IMO.

It's a nice logo though. I agree on the apple/sony mix. The "W" is almost vaio-ish.

I'm not gonna call how well or not it'll be received generally, but probably everyone will know about it pretty soon..

Seems like someone at Nintendo misspelled Nintendo Wi-Fi and say "hmm, that's it!"

Hope it's not true. For a game console, it just sounds...I don't know...

.Z

-NakedZ- said:
Hope it's not true.

It's absolutely true, no question about it. See both links above.

Oh, and side-note for any GAF regulars here - I think this is the first time I've seen the board go down in a long long time. It weathered GDC so well..I fear for E3.

Surely this must be some kind of joke?

That's a horrible name. Revolution was much better, even if it did feel a bit gratuitous.

Back