Firmware 2.7 for EU

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
And presumably for US too, according to a friend who's just updated his PSP. Ah, found proof :

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64088

On a related note, the online aspect to PSP is really pretty pants. Another firend got his PSP online for the firt time last night and I pointed him to yourpsp.com, only for us to find what a barren wasteland that is. There's no downloadable demos or movies or the like, and for the games featured, nothing more than screenshots (which aren't even full screen!). I can only hope Sony are putting all their efforts into Sony HUB or whatever their PS3+PSP network system is, because they've really dropped the ball in opportunities with this device. This long after launch there should be worthwhile content. How many PSP specific sites are there out there?

akira888 said:
Terrific, they fixed the security exploit that allowed for homebrew code to run on the system. :cry:

That would be the GTA exploit. I'm sure now that the thing boots from Memstick someone will find a way of booting homebrew as well. There's ALWAYS a way :) I'd love to see Sony "legalizing" homebrew finally, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the sales one bit, quite the opposite.

I don't get it why don't they make the PC and PSP "yourpsp" site the same and allow the content to be loaded also with the PSP.
There's a lot of good stuff there if you download it to the PC and from there to the PSP, but there's nothing of interest if you open the site on your PSP.

Back