Tekken 6 for PS3 in this week's Famitsu

Pics for sure! Will give us a lot of info on PS3's power hopefully. If they're not cutscenes and whatnot.

If PS3 wasn't gonna be 599 thanks to Blu-Ray, I might buy one!

Naughty Boy! said:
Pics for sure! Will give us a lot of info on PS3's power hopefully. If they're not cutscenes and whatnot.

I'd expect character close-ups and the like in a first reveal.

I can't wait to see it. Namco has had me nervous lately as to their talent and commitment next-gen so far :???: I hope they'll treat their premiere franchise with due care.

If I dont see Jin looking as real as the "target render" sweating from every pore, drops flying all over the place with every swift I ll be pissed....I want too much dont I? :p

Namco should really do something with the animation btw. Its harder for a game like tekken to look as smooth as VF5 or as DOA4 but I hope they improve it so transition from animation to animation look more normal and life like.

They improved T5 on that aspect but I am sure they can do better.

Nesh said:
If I dont see Jin looking as real as the "target render".
Target render? It was simply a teaser video.

Anyway, I'm positive you'll be pissed :p That model has 10x more complexity than anything in an actual game.

Last edited by a moderator:
/me passes out in excitement!
cant wait to see what the new tekken looks like. :D

hopefully namco doesnt half ass it. I have faith it will be fine.

I have a feeling it will look miles ahead of T5. ;)

Just give me great graphics, T5 gameplay, new characters, some tekken mini games, and Online gameplay and I'll be in heaven.

Being that it will be on Blu-ray, maybe they could throw in a compilation of all the old tekken games like Tekken 5 did. Just this time include the PS2 Tekken games.

hey69 said:
higher rez T5 with AA ? ..runs away :)
And it would be the T5 running on backwards compatible PS3 with enhancements.
Still, if it really basically were what you rumour (higher rez T5 with AA, but obviously also higher mesh and higher rez poly plus higher rez effects and some new "pixel shader effects" not seen on PS2), it would be about what next gen fighters thus far have shown ;)

Bah, give me Soul Calibur 4 ;)

But seriously, this coverage will probably incite another wave of indignation about looking worse than the target render - regardless of the actual quality of the graphics.

Doh, it seems there is no full report on Tekken 6, it is simply announced in Famitsu's sale schedule. But at least you know it's coming, and it's a 6 ;)

Also, apparently MGS4 will be in the next issue. Aka, next week's issue :D

Bad_Boy said:
I have a feeling it will look miles ahead of T5. ;)

Just give me great graphics, T5 gameplay, new characters, some tekken mini games, and Online gameplay and I'll be in heaven.

Being that it will be on Blu-ray, maybe they could throw in a compilation of all the old tekken games like Tekken 5 did. Just this time include the PS2 Tekken games.

If they are going to include T5, might as well port the arcade version of Dark Resurrection.

My biggest complain regarding Namco is they can't seem to get their network going for the console(s). So I really wish next-gen Tekken will feature online multi-play (along with Soul Calibur and Ace Combat).

BTW, I think Tekken for the PS3 is inevitable. Although I hope we get to see it (be it 6 or Tag) sooner rather than later (crossing finger for E3).

.Z

Titanio said:
It just says that release date is TBA.

Indeed. "Release Date Unconfirmed" would be the full translation. But I read your quote and got the idea it had been completely confirmed with a date (usually what they do when 発売決定).

EDIT: Nevermind I just realized your purpose for this thread was to say it would be featured in Famitsu. I just got worried when I went to your link and couldn't find the words you quoted so I thought they changed the page due to a mistake/typo.

-NakedZ- said:
If they are going to include T5, might as well port the arcade version of Dark Resurrection.

My biggest complain regarding Namco is they can't seem to get their network going for the console(s). So I really wish next-gen Tekken will feature online multi-play (along with Soul Calibur and Ace Combat).

BTW, I think Tekken for the PS3 is inevitable. Although I hope we get to see it (be it 6 or Tag) sooner rather than later (crossing finger for E3).

.Z

that possibility is very plausible. since they could bring out fairly quickly a nextgen Tekken out there.
its like the xbox360 version of SC3 coming out in X months... ;)

rounin said:
Oddly enough I just went to the page and found

which means it hasn't been confirmed :???:

You do realise those question marks are replacing Japanese characters don't you? If your O/S or browser had Japanese language installed you wouldnt be seeing the question marks.

Andy said:
You do realise those question marks are replacing Japanese characters don't you? If your O/S or browser had Japanese language installed you wouldnt be seeing the question marks.

What made you think he saw Question marks? I'm pretty sure he didn't, because he seems to know japanese and he translated what he saw on the page, kind of hard if he only saw question marks don't you think. if anything it's probably your browser acting strange if you saw question marks.

Back