• John Woo's Strangehold
  • Tekken
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Rainbow Six: Vegas
  • Lair
  • Motorstorm
  • Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Sony has confirmed nothing, that's just a list that popped up in OPS2. I know it's the official mag, but it's not quite Sony. I don't doubt all those titles could be there (although we've seen nothing of Tekken yet), but wait and see :)

Add in 8-10 EA games, a couple other ubisoft games, and a couple other random games and yea, that's probably it.

All those multiplatform releases that'll inevitably hit near the end of this year will be on PS3 too -- Sony lucked out in that sense.

I'd be surprised if PS3 didn't have a rather healthy selection of launch games.

Tekken and Sonic make me salivate!
The others also pull my interest a lot! All promising titles (except Untold Legends!)

It sounds like a very very promising launch to me! More promising than the pre-news of the 360's launch

Tekken, Lair, and MGS4 are probably my most wanted PS3 Games. I hope the tekken bit is true. The only question is, will it be Tekken 6, or Tekken Tag 2? :D

i would love tekken tag 2 . or maybe thats just a nostalgic feeling i have from the ps2 launch... maybe if i would play it now it would be crap

PS3 launch is shaping up to be a monster. I reckon it'll mirror the PS2 in quantity, be unrivalled in quality. ~30ish at launch, 50 by years end.

Nicked said:
PS3 launch is shaping up to be a monster. I reckon it'll mirror the PS2 in quantity, be unrivalled in quality. ~30ish at launch, 50 by years end.

I haven't seen any official confirmation of PS3 launch titles.

NANOTEC said:
I haven't seen any official confirmation of PS3 launch titles.
Lair
Resistance
Motorstorm
UTL: DK

...have all been confirmed in interviews or by their websites or w/e.

As well as that, theres plenty we can deduce from the information present:

GRAW(w/expansion)
Rainbow Six 5
Blazing Angels 1.5
Rayman 4

....have all been confirmed for November launches by a leaked Ubisoft list, likely at launch (especially seeing as they'll be port-ups).

8 or so EA games, including
Madden
NBA
Fifa
Tiger Woods
Fight Night Round 3.5
Medal of Honor: Airborne

....amongst others, have either been confirmed or are common sense.

Take Two will have their 3-5 ports from X360, including their sports lineup.

Unreal Tournament 2007 was pegged as "it'll be out when its done". It'll be done by November.
Ridge Racer 7 is a certainty, and I think it was even confirmed as such in Famitsu but I of course, can't be sure.
Hots Shots Golf is at the least likely.
Tekken would not be unusual, given TTT at PS2 launch.
Strangehold is on the above list and I remember reading it was targetted for launch anyway.

At minimum the launch will be X360 standard. At best its going to be unprecedented. BiA, HS, a Sega game or two, who knows what else might make it? One thing is for sure, the perception it will have a bad launch is ridiculously far from the truth.

I'm not sure "common sense" and "leaked info" = official launch list. Is E3 that far of a wait? Games being worked on doesn't equal launch games either.

NANOTEC said:
I'm not sure "common sense" and "leaked info" = official launch list. Is E3 that far of a wait? Games being worked on doesn't equal launch games either.
I don't see what your point is, why even bother arguing then? I never made the point 30ish titles were confirmed, yet you got up at the very suggestion PS3 might have a good launch.

I listed the confirmed titles, then showed my reasoning for the rest. Also, do you really expect an official launch list at E3? Certainly one wouldn't be as fleshed-out as mine. As for not using common sense, do you hold the belief we wont see Madden? Its not a guess or a 'likely' scenario, it is what will happen.

Btw, the leaked info. from Ubisoft has already proven to be correct with recent announcements, and if I wanted to list "Games being worked on" there would be hundreds.

Just relax, take a deep breath, and stop being so anal.

Nicked said:
Well PS2's launch line up wasnt that special. It was just ok. PS3's launch is far far more interesting and promising.

Nesh said:
Well PS2's launch line up wasnt that special. It was just ok. PS3's launch is far far more interesting and promising.

Not really.

What good titles are there that aren't multiplatform?

A mud racing game?

You've got Tekken. I'll give you that one.

You've got nicer multi-platform games like Rainbow six, but in a console war sense tose aren't helpful cus 360 gets them too, and 360 owner have already been gaming 8 months in the meanwhile.

I'm sorry but hyping up drivel like "Laird" is just transparant. It's like hyping up Kameo by Scooby, except worse, because Kameo had more going for it imo.

John Woo's Strangehold- Multiplatform, looks fairly generic

Tekken-decent exclusive

Sonic the Hedgehog-Multi

Resistance: Fall of Man-generic shovelware

Rainbow Six: Vegas-nice, but multi

Lair-untested at best

Motorstorm-meh

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom-bleh

Naughty Boy! said:
I'm sorry but hyping up drivel like "Laird" is just transparant. It's like hyping up Kameo by Scooby, except worse, because Kameo had more going for it imo.

Whatever, I thought Kameo was awesome and completely underrated. It got a 8.9 from gamespot so obviously I'm not the only one in the world. Great game, great graphics, fun controls. perfect next gen launch game. According to some interviews I've seen Kameo sold better than expected and was a surprise success. So while it may get thrashed on forums consumers know a good game when they play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naughty Boy! said:
John Woo's Strangehold- Multiplatform, looks fairly generic

Tekken-decent exclusive

Sonic the Hedgehog-Multi

Resistance: Fall of Man-generic shovelware

Rainbow Six: Vegas-nice, but multi

Lair-untested at best

Motorstorm-meh

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom-bleh

Multi or not it is still more interesting than what we saw on PS2's launch. Especially for early adopters.

Its a launch line up anyways. Its logical not to expect the best games ever from it.

Motorstorm is promising and has some interesting ideas. Lair and Resistance are as well interesting. Its too soon to judge but they are all exclusives being made by good developers. And for many people Tekken is enough to excite them a lot. There are still months until launch so expect even more announcements.

Also if you look well I said its more interesting and more promising, not a better launch. That will be judged in November

360's launch information before launch was less interesting, with few exclusives , being PGR3, PDZ, DOA4 and Kameo. 3 being sequels and Kameo a game that has been in development for years on different platforms.

Nesh said:

PS2 launch line up was crap. Estimated PS3 launch lineup seems to be crap as well. What can you do? I will buy the console nonetheless and wait 3 months for decent games as I did with PS2, I guess. I had decent fun with Ridge Racer V while I waited.

Back