Tekken: Dark Resurrection (with screenshots and VIDEOS!)

tekken-dark-resurrection-20060217100210819.jpg

tekken-dark-resurrection-20060217100214475.jpg

VIDEOS

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/psp/article/702/702655/tekken-dr_052106_1_wmvlowwide.wmv

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/psp/article/702/702655/tekken-dr_052106_2_wmvlowwide.wmv

That's pretty damn impressive for a handheld.

Off topic, but how do the newer Tekkens play? I haven't played one since the ps1 days. Are they easy to get into?

Well, Mortal Kombat Deception should appear in a few months.

And if you also like 2D fighters, Guilty Gear Judgement should be out fairly soon, maybe sometime around the end of next week.

I stopped playing the Tekken series for awhile after the problems with 4, but I have to say that they have resolved all of those issues and vastly improved the game in Tekken 5. I mostly play VF, but I have a lot of respect for T5 and enjoy playing it frequently.

Admittedly, that does look quite good. I certainly can picture myself playing Tekken more so than GT4 on a handheld... Although, I would have to be careful not to damage the PSP... a session of Tekken can really get a bit dangerous at times... :LOL:

Anybody know if this game will feature cgi movies at the end of each story mode win like tekken 5?

Nesh said:
man that sucks! So to play a 2 player game I have to find another person that has a PSP and a copy of the game! Bleh!

They should add internet play :devilish:

I don't know, but couldn't be latency problems the reason for that? After all, beat'em ups like Tekken are very critical on timing and they/you don't wanna mess that up just because one of the participants has a medium/high ping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nesh said:
man that sucks! So to play a 2 player game I have to find another person that has a PSP and a copy of the game! Bleh!

They should add internet play :devilish:

The game supports gamesharing for all characters, online rankings and you can up and download avatars (characters you trained)

I just ordered the Japanese version. :)

hupfinsgack said:
I don't know, but couldn't be latency problems the reason for that? After all, beat'em ups like Tekken are very critical on timing and the you don't wanna mess that up just because one of the participants has a medium/high ping.
I'd have thought that, but aren't there other beat-em-ups that are online? What about DOA4 for example?

Shifty Geezer said:
I'd have thought that, but aren't there other beat-em-ups that are online? What about DOA4 for example?

I'd have thought 802.11b was the fly in the ointment for the PSP? I might be wrong but typically isn't it <5Mbit/s (even though I think the spec is officially higher).

slider said:
I'd have thought 802.11b was the fly in the ointment for the PSP? I might be wrong but typically isn't it <5Mbit/s (even though I think the spec is officially higher).

Really? Interesting, I can play every net based game out there on my 384kbps connection and 5mbit's is a hell lot more bandwidth that that.

slider said:
Gaming is much more sensitive to network latency than it is to network speed. Offhand I can't think of any game that could come anywhere close to saturating a 5Mbit/s internet connection, assuming you even have a 5Mbps internet hookup. (and few do)

Interesting, thanks chaps/chapesses. I wasn't aware of that but of course now you've said it, it all makes sense... :(

Out of interest, how does one measure network latency?

Last edited by a moderator:
slider said:
Interesting, thanks chaps/chapesses. I wasn't aware of that but of course now you've said it, it all makes sense... :(

Ping, its in milliseconds.

slider said:

Ping works by sending ICMP “echo requestâ€￾ packets to the target host and listening for ICMP “echo responseâ€￾ replies. Using interval timing and response rate, ping estimates the round-trip time and packet loss rate between hosts.
in miliseconds

Back