Resistance I-8 GDC footage and better R&C footage also

Status
Not open for further replies.
!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Sorry if this is old guys... : http://www.rapidshare.de/files/18419676/i-8_r_c.avi.html

The game looks quite good it has some good lighting efftcs, that are supported by equally good looking textures and particles. Framerate seemed smooth aswel.. Cant wait :D

R&C footage is more vibrant and it jump's out at you, it really looks like a Pixar film.

thanks! :)

I8 looks prety good, similar to what Next Gen should be and very similar graphics and animation to what I now see on 360 for an FPS.

R&C OTOH.... looks amazing ... very nicely done. Although the cinematic fly by is always most flattering the world itself is rendered beautifully, like the world from "Robots".

NANOTEC said:
For some reason R&C looks like it's using the UE3 even though it's probably not.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if its an early look at whatever engine collaboration Insomniac's (likely) working on with Naughty Dog.

Apparently this footage is from Play-Zone's latest magazine DVD cover disc. It's a German magazine and went on sale today, which probably explans why the footage turned up. But it should also mean that there is [higher quality] footage of the other games that were demonstrated at GDC.

Not sure of the forum rules on this one, so I'll just say as an open suggestion, it might be nice if someone who lives in Germany and subscribes to the magazine to have a look at the content and possibly make some short video clips out of it.

Finally got some of these via GAF:

Warhawk - gorgeous as ever, and those clouds really are something else

Resistance - didn't show that funky needle grenade :(

R&C - o_0

Motorstorm - fix the particle rendering, please! I can see what some attendees meant now, it kind of looks a little out of place. A little artistic TLC should fix that though.

Dammit I was duped! I dled the Motorstorm first and now the one I really want to see, I-8, I cant for 79 minutes because rapidshare has download limits.

The animation is choppy on Motorstorm.

Titanio said:
Finally got some of these via GAF:

Warhawk - gorgeous as ever, and those clouds really are something else
yep

the clouds look very, very nice although I wanted to see him fly through some. :D

edit: he did fly through one cloud briefly

water looks good too, about what we've come to expect from Next Gen consoles.

Yeah honestly PS3 seems to be going through it's "struggling to look next gen" phase, just like X360 did.

The system runs a 7900GTX which can handle UE3.0 engine with ease, so I'm not worried that they wont have graphically impressive games.

I-8/Resistance was not impressive. Was that real-time footage they showed last year at E3? Because here we are a year later and this looks no better if not worse...

Warhawk has some nice elements, love the clouds and water. Combat looks a bit clunky though...

R&C looks very impressive, definitely the most impressive thing shown. Hopefully the game will look just as good as this tech demo.

Motorstorm looks nothign like the E3 footage that was supposedly real-time. The particle effects and environments are seriously lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back