Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

DemoCoder said:
HS looks fscking awesome. I love the cinematic camera switch on some of the "throw" moves.

Oh yeah! Too Human has a huge hurdle in overcoming the EXCELLENT camera work in this game. Don't it suck when you hype something and the competition then comes rolling in with a killer prodct? Looking very good.

Holy crap, heavenly sword looked absolutely fantastic.

The combat system looks a lot deeper than I thought it would be too!

Bobbler said:
Holy crap, heavenly sword looked absolutely fantastic.

The combat system looks a lot deeper than I thought it would be too!

Agreed and agreed! The game looks crazy, the camera, animations and combat looked ridiculously good. Any word on the release date???

It looks pretty, but isn't this game supposed to be on scale with N3? Or is it going to be smaller scale?

Can't wait to see the bigger environments.

The animation is top notch. The lighting is also damn near perfect. Just tells you that seeing some thing in motion is better than judging screenshots.;)

Cpu

Pausanias said:
It looks pretty, but isn't this game supposed to be on scale with N3? Or is it going to be smaller scale?

Can't wait to see the bigger environments.

I think they didn't show bigger environments because of CPU. Maybe I remember wrong but also I think someone (deano?) said CPU calculation is too slow for bigger environment because they are not having full CELL use yet and they have too much animations like flags and soldiers.

Yup, you guys definately stole the show. If not for HS the realtime demo's would have been pretty dissapointing. Who thought it would be a good idea to put Genji back to back...it was like "ok now that we've seen that, lets look at how it's REALLY supposed to look"

BTW: you should give your camera guy(s) a raise!

ihamoitc2005 said:
I think they didn't show bigger environments because of CPU. Maybe I remember wrong but also I think someone (deano?) said CPU calculation is too slow for bigger environment because they are not having full CELL use yet and they have too much animations like flags and soldiers.
They didn't show the large outdoors environment for another reason.

I was pretty down after seeing the still shots coming out...

Then I saw the video on gametrailers....

!!!!!!

The animation is WOW, just miles and miles and miles more impressive in video form.

Also, and I've been wanting to ask this forever.... is the game actually going to have... BLOOD? I suppose it isn't a gamebreaker if it doesn't, but it would be greatly appreciated, and frankly, when a guy cuts another guy's throat in a cutscene... and no blood spurts out... huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Animation and sense of speed looked great. Seems very responsive to the controls.

Wonder if they will implment support for the motion-sensor of the new controllers before release.

But did some of the wide shots of the arena look hazy as opposed to crisp, clear and sharp? That would be an artistic choice?

Hats off to NT for some stellar work. The animation and assets look top flight. Best part though is that it looks to be both very engaging and tremendous fun. /salute

edit: If you haven't seen the HD versions that Gametrailers has available I would encourage you to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back