Metal Gear Solid 4 @ E3 2006 info!

NANOTEC said:
So will there be gameplay demonstration for MGS4 or just a trailer?

There might be demo at this session, but my guess it'd be more like the TGS demo (i.e. "swing the camera around, look at the prettiness") rather than someone playing through a little of the game. The trailer may have some gameplay bits in it though, who knows.

i hope kojima doesnt add a ladder or river level like he did in mgs3 (the ladder level i am referring to is not really a level, but it feels like it could have been one considering it took like 5 minutes to climb without adding to the story)...they just seemed like filler

Titanio said:
There might be demo at this session, but my guess it'd be more like the TGS demo (i.e. "swing the camera around, look at the prettiness") rather than someone playing through a little of the game. The trailer may have some gameplay bits in it though, who knows.

I bet it will be like MGS2 with gameplay phase in the trailer

I can't wait to see how MGS4 is looking, with perhaps the most talented development team in the world working on one of the most powerful consoles in the world.

It's old. The guy that help do the translation actually post here and done it for us personally, so we were the first to see this video.

But it is nice. Thanks anyway.

mckmas8808 said:
OMG! MGS4 on PS3, Red Steel on Revolution, and Gears of War for Xbox 360. One of the best games for each console being displayed at E3. Great!

since when is Red Steel on Revolution something special??

mckmas8808 said:
It's old. The guy that help do the translation actually post here and done it for us personally, so we were the first to see this video.

But it is nice. Thanks anyway.
Heh, that's pretty cool. I just saw it for the first time today. Anyway, at least I didn't make a new topic. :)

MGS4 = 10% game play and 95% B-Movie-campy-dialogue-garbage. Don't worry, Kojima will figure out a way to squeeze in an extra 5% of campyness.

GOW = great graphics and monotonous repetive game play and crappy animation. Sorry, I’ve never enjoyed an Epic game.

Red Steel = A game struggling with a new controller. Hence, spending more time on controller and less time on game. Why do people always get excited about the first game introduced for a system?

I'm more excited about Mass Effect and Metroid Prime 3 at E3. Actually, I can't wait to see what PS3's controller will look like.

winstonsmith1978 said:
GOW = great graphics and monotonous repetive game play and crappy animation. Sorry, I’ve never enjoyed an Epic game.

Animation has been completely redone recently with new mocap sessions :D

scooby_dooby said:
CliffyB stated this recently...sorry I'm drawing a blank on the linkage...

Well, since you seem to communicate with CliffyB, please tell him for the love of god remove the soul patch and side-burns from Marcus and thin his neck up a bit.

Deepblue said:
Well, since you seem to communicate with CliffyB, please tell him for the love of god remove the soul patch and side-burns from Marcus and thin his neck up a bit.

Nope just something I read, I guess we'll see in a few months.

Can't wait to see new material from MGS4.
Hope this time it will be a proper trailer with exciting cutting and direction with HGW music. The last trailer, while it looked good was a bit boring.
Hopefully we'll see more of the environments the game is taking place... where else does the game take take place than in the Middle East setting in the firs trailer...

Back