FFXIII for PS3 to be unveiled at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Fantasy fans rejoice! There are apparently two FF games headed our way. The May issue of EGM rumormongers that before America sees Final Fintasy XII, Square Enix will be unveiling Final Fantasy XIII at E3 in May. 1Up reports that the next-gen sequel is nearing completion, and the mag says we should “expect a brief teaser video and confirmation from the publisher that the RPG will be a PS3 exclusive.â€￾ Thank goodness Square isn’t making this announcement in RPG-nutter Japan. Imagine the pandemonium

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/final-fantasy/final-fantasy-xiii-for-ps3-164212.php

Here's the first screen shot

ff13.jpg

This is an old rumour, one that SE even poured cold water on. Didn't quite deny it, in fact one might say 'the Lady doth protest too much', but either way it's posted already I think.

The other EGM rumour is that FFVII is indeed being remade for PS3, using FFXII's battle system.

And no, that screen isn't from FFXIII :p

Well, I don't know where it's from, but even without knowing that I can be pretty sure it's not FFXIII ;) It's nice CG though.

Well at least it got me excited till i clicked on the link.

Maybe we will see FF13 on PS3 at E3? One can only hope.

PLEASE, I pray the FXII battle system rumor isn't true. I want to see the X-2 engine with Chrono-esque combos.

Example: Cloud and Tifa go to attack at roughly the same time (the gap in time for which the combo is doable might be based on luck and agility stats) and combo activates. Cloud strikes the enemy, and depending on say if the enemy is small or large the combo may or may not take place. Say a small enemy, here. Cloud attacks and launches the enemy into the air, Tifa runs and jumps up off of cloud's shoulder and verticly spin kicks the enemy back to the ground, and then lands on the opposite side of the enemy. Now, this would mean the enemy could at most, using all magic, attack 2 characters at once, and because Tifa is now behind the enemy she does double damage.

Stuff like that would create a pretty dynamic battle system and it could make for a really action packed and fast fight, as per X-2 battles.

Of course, they need to make the game harder, since the X-2 engine doesn't really shine unless you have at least a decent fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back