Table Tennis trailer up

Cool, i may buy this one after all. I saw little colored arrows around the edges of the ball during gameplay, i wonder what sginificance it has...

I would guess showing spin on the ball, though I haven't watched the trailer to see if that corresponds with what you're seeing.

Yup.

A coloured trail behind the moving ball represents what kind of spin is on it; yellow shows that backspin is being played, for example. The point is that the opponent can then counteract the spin that's being dealt to them. And the stronger the spin, the more prominent the colour of the trail will be, so if there's not much of a coloured trail then there's hardly any spin, and you can respond accordingly.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200604/013.asp

Looks brilliant, but looking at it and reading about it, i just can't help but feel this whole thing is a joke... I know it isn't, but Rockstar making a ping pong game, the whole atmosphere in the trailer, it just feels like at any time the videocuts to one of the players taking out a shotgun and starting to kill all the people in the room ,run out, stal a car and wreck havoc around town....

london-boy said:
Looks brilliant, but looking at it and reading about it, i just can't help but feel this whole thing is a joke... I know it isn't, but Rockstar making a ping pong game, the whole atmosphere in the trailer, it just feels like at any time the videocuts to one of the players taking out a shotgun and starting to kill all the people in the room ,run out, stal a car and wreck havoc around town....

Well you know they would be charging $60 for that experience, instead of $40... ;)

london-boy said:

It would be funny if this was just a minigame in the PS3 version of GTA

Hardknock said:
Graphics rival Fight Night, but with much smoother animation and 60fps! Awesome :smile:

how can you tell its 60fps from a 30fps video?

but I agree it looks good but I don't think I could buy it, maybe a rental, and only if I hear good things when it come out

The game looks great, character movement and such.

Interesting though, I wonder how much money Rockstar is getting for all that brand advertising. ;)

The models and texturing look very good and the iq clean. That's expected at least though, as a ping pong game is not the most demanding graphically hardware power wise.
What's slightly flawed is the animation though.
It could be just the video and/or my PC but there's a disturbing "strobing" effect in all the gameplay animation, and I'm not talking about the ball trail here... mainly because I don't see such trail, just this strobing effect that's affecting all the animation.
It's as if there's the animation is too fast for the engine and there's too many frames missing inbetween.
If it were a motion blur effect that'd be ok... maybe it's meant to be one, but it's not very convincing at least in that video.

^that is pretty funny lol. I'm surprised Rockstar didnt want to make this game for the Revolution.

london-boy said:

Meh, diversity is a good thing. Let them show they're not a one-trick pony.

Back