Some useless negative PS3 rumors sure to be false but fun to read

superguy

Banned
* Advancing reformation under President Chubachi, the る,
SONY before the Chubachi reforming SCE.
When you inquire about the development circumstance of PS3 in クタ, that it is noisy, it is yelled.

Because SONY itself there is a result, in クタit seems that you cannot meddle excessively.
CELL to become hotter than 360, thermal measure serious. The fault which the software is difficult to write.
Current place, aim not standing of outside sales.
Unless 30 ten thousand it sells, not be able to recover third,
It does software development, but there is no air which dies together with PS3. Current place title obscurity.
The software development for PS3 being possible in is Japan 5 corporations.
The foreign country inserting, from 7 8 corporations.
They are 5000 hundred million investment being completed, but 4 - as for December of semiconductor section 308 hundred million business deficits.

[Moderated : Magazine scans forbidden.]

I find it funny apparantly there's kind of this perennial secondary doom and gloom attitude towards the big Japanese companies in Japan apparantly. They're very protective of their industries.

Apparantly this is why sometimes you see sky-is-falling-for-PS3 articles like this in Japan. They dont really mean it.

By the way, the first part reads like, if you push Cell too hard, the system gets too hot.

Just to point that out.

And no not for a second do I believe Sony would ship a system with that flaw.
Also if this thread isn't locked within five seconds, I was going to ask if anyone could translate better. (Mainly one)

superguy said:
I find it funny apparantly there's kind of this perennial secondary doom and gloom attitude towards the big Japanese companies in Japan apparantly. They're very protective of their industries.

Apparantly this is why sometimes you see sky-is-falling-for-PS3 articles like this in Japan. They dont really mean it
What a world we live in.

Unless you haven't noticed posting scans from magazines is forbidden, even if they are from a japanese newspaper.

Avon_Implosion said:
all I got out of that was that the Cell will supposedly run hotter than the whole 360 console
...Which actually it does not at all, according to a data table IBM released way back. Cell sat at about 30-ish W as I recall at 3.2GHz, hardly a stupendously high number.

Like the original poster said, probably a false article.

Guden Oden said:
...Which actually it does not at all, according to a data table IBM released way back. Cell sat at about 30-ish W as I recall at 3.2GHz, hardly a stupendously high number.

Running what?

IBM gives typical (not maximum) power consumption. Understand "typical" as you want.
Weird it is 30W at 3.2GHz. Boxes with 2.4GHz versions were using liquid refrigeration. Way overkill for a low consumption power, if they want us to believe them.

Guden Oden said:

Or just our poor interpretation.

Judging by that summary (?) the article seems preoccupied with development costs. The "only 5 companies" bit reminds me almost exactly of comments certain execs made after PS2's unveiling ;)

Not sure if i'm the only one, but all i got from that is that apparently Cell is hotter than the CPU in X360...?
All the rest was jibberish.

superguy said:
The software development for PS3 being possible in is Japan 5 corporations.
The foreign country inserting, from 7 8 corporations.

hey thats more than the 3 companies that could develop for ps2 before it came out.. :rolleyes:

I couldn't really understand much of that but one thing that is true is that the current dev kits are very noisy. That doesn't necessarily mean the final hardware will be though.

Guden Oden said:
That's your claim. Got anything to back it up?

Yeah, years of experience working with IBM. But anyway, use google, things like
http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/07/08/HNibmpower_1.html
"It's difficult to compare the power consumption ... because Intel publishes thermal design guidelines for PC manufacturers while IBM cites "typical" power consumption. "

Guden Oden said:
No they weren't, don't be silly.
You are right, not all of them. Some of them were using massive air fans.

I am pretty sure it will not come much hotter than Xenon at the end of 2006, which already generates an excessive amount of heat.

honestly I'm not sure how anyone thought that getting either of these Next Gen systems (in such a small package) to run cool was going to be an easy process.

the rest of the article is jibberish :smile:

Tap In said:
honestly I'm not sure how anyone thought that getting either of these Next Gen systems (in such a small package) to run cool was going to be an easy process.
I'm sure I read that Sony were going to use the latest MPD technology in Cell, which should keep temperatures low.

Back