Gaming Nostalgia! Past gaming goodness!

dukmahsik

Banned
Thread is dedicated to past gaming goodness from prior gens only. Anything before PS2/GC/Xbox is allowed!

Anyone remember this game?

tdlemans_screen010.jpg

one of the funnest, best racers for it's time if not the best!

No idea what that is but it does make me feel nostalgic.

Anyway, one word for you all: Nebulous on the C64.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that one was a bit bigger than I expected. Can´t edit my posts either.
Anyway that game rocks.

Let the list continue!

cabal.png

Cabal!

This shooting game was addictive as heck (The Arcade/Atari ST/Amiga versions only! the other ports were bad, if you ask me)!

160px-GB_Tetris.png

No comments for this one is needed.

c33.JPG

Contra 3: The Alien Wars in the US (Contra Spirits in JP and Probotector 3 (...) in the EU)

One of the best game EVER!

Zork I: The Great Underground Empire
Copyright (c) 1981, 1982, 1983 Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
ZORK is a registered trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Revision 88/ .....

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>open box
Opening the small mailbox reveals a leaflet.

>read leaflet
(Taken)
"WELCOME TO ZORK!

ZORK is a game of adventure, daring, and low cunning. In it you will explore some of the most amazing territory ever seen by mortals. No computer should be without one!"

Activision's H.E.R.O for C64
It was the first ever game I played on a computer, as it was the first game on a "compilation tape" I got from my cousin for my brand new C64.

Airwolf, C64

Pit Stop, C64 - when we played this it was pretty much the only time my older brother wasnn't bullying me.

Sensible Soccer (C64?) - same as above, except I sucked and still suck in soccer games.

So it's the C64 I have the fondest memories. When I think of those games, it really puts me in a nostalgic mood and I can really remember how it smelled, it's a smell of C64 plastics and old 14" portable TV "burning electrics" smell :)

rabidrabbit said:
So it's the C64 I have the fondest memories. When I think of those games, it really puts me in a nostalgic mood and I can really remember how it smelled, it's a smell of C64 plastics and old 14" portable TV "burning electrics" smell :)

And did you have problems with the "power pack"? I got through 3 of those suckers. :(

Where's the love for Nebulous? I can't find anyone who liked it!

I've gone all misty eyed now. I won't mention Druid, Sentinel, Space Harrier (MUCH better than the Speccie version) and who can forget Elite. Commando? Spin Dizzy? Trailblazer?This could go on for a while...

Though there's plenty of notable games, the few I feel should appear on pedestals would be

R-Type on the Sega Master System : The best version of them all. 16 bit graphics were over-the-top, and no other system got the right balance of gameplay, difficulty, plus some excellent sound for the system. Later versions didn't improve on the original.

rtype-sms2.png
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/rtype/rtype-sms2.png

Dungeon Master : Genre defining game.
1040226896-00.gif
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1040226896-00.gif

Populous 2 : Probably Molyneux's strongest creation
pop2_2.gif

And for Fun, 4 player Hired Guns was fantastic. We would play together until someone died, and then fight amongst ourselves to one man standing before reloading. Only on the reload, several vendettas resulted in half an hour of infighting before we carried on with the game proper. Add to that moments like accidentally killing friends with a banana, and custom graphics for our own characters...great, great fun.
1074565050-00.gif

I will also mention Driver on PlayStation. It was the best game I think I've ever known where friends could sit around watching and take turns and cheer each other on and complain at their mistakes.

Back