Girls attempt real-life version of video game: Citizens scared, Bomb squad called

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
http://www.recordpub.com/article.ph...6/news/&file=_news1.txt&article=1&tD=04012006

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/14239923.htm

Five teenage girls from Portage County face potential criminal charges after attempting to play a real-life version of Super Mario Bros.

The Portage County Hazardous Materials Unit and Bomb Detection Unit were called in to downtown Ravenna on Friday morning after seventeen suspicious packages -- boxes wrapped in gold wrapping paper with question marks spray painted on them -- had alarmed residents.

The Ravenna Police Department will be working with the Portage County Prosecutor's Office regarding possible criminal charges as a result of the game.

“The potential is always present when dealing with a suspicious package that it could be deadly,â€￾ McCoy said. “In today’s day and age, you just cannot do this kind of stuff.â€￾

The idea was to put some homemade Super Mario Bros items in the real world for April Fools.

smb1.gif

"Watch out Mario! This suspicious package could be deadly!" - Ravenna Police Chief Randall McCoy

DOGMA1138 said:
every body should spend about a month in tel aviv after that you wont give a shit about bomb threats :D

2nded

This is just like how parents today are so paranoid about razor blades and poison in candy at Halloween. I'd be shocked if someone could actually provide an actual reference to this happening.

I think im going to start getting into the market for human bubbles right now. It will be a completely self-contained unit, with an oxygen supply and automatic penicillin injector, and it will have pores that ooze rubbing alcohol. Of course it will need to be bomb proof. Anyways, kids should be wearing these soon. I'll be rich.

I thought this was a cute prank to play especially on April 1st. It would even be better if the girls put a portabello mushroom in it or some coins. If i saw one i'd probably run up to it and hit it with an upward extended fist!

Do these people not have any sense of humour! Why would Osama hang brightly coloured boxes with question marks on them and hang them in obvious places for everyone to see in a small town. Small town America is turning into a real life Pleasantville.

The girls should get a standing O trying to bring something cheerful in their miserable boring lives! Not criminal charges. A farce I tell you! A farce. :mad:

Back