Widescreen LCD question

_xxx_

Banned
I was looking into a few 19" LCD widescreens with resolution 1440x900.

Will this res give me problems in games (those which wouldn't use the native res)?

Which resolutions are usable with it if you don't stretch?

I'd like to be able to use it for gaming, but I'm not so sure about the 900pix height.

Most games might not even support that resolution, and picture quality goes down significantly with non-native resolutions. :(

Typically, you can use any of the regular 4:3 resolutions as long as it is less than either of the native resolution parameters.

Shit London-Boy! I opened that link and almost shat myself when the bloody thing went 'snip snip'.

Sounded like my hard drive having a head crash (horrible memorys of a SCSI Cheetah HDD head crashing years ago).

Ali

Ali said:
Shit London-Boy! I opened that link and almost shat myself when the bloody thing went 'snip snip'.

Sounded like my hard drive having a head crash (horrible memorys of a SCSI Cheetah HDD head crashing years ago).

Ali

Sorry i have sound off on my work PC... :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
I was looking into a few 19" LCD widescreens with resolution 1440x900.

Will this res give me problems in games (those which wouldn't use the native res)?

Which resolutions are usable with it if you don't stretch?

I'd like to be able to use it for gaming, but I'm not so sure about the 900pix height.

I can tell you that Guild Wars has a native resolution, but that's about my extent into new games with my 19" LCD.

But what you gotta ask yourself is: What's wrong with stretching the shit out of games? :LOL:

Back