Revolution specs from IGN

darkblu said:
though many consumers share you view, aths, the publishers see things in a completely different light...
The publisher may be want to have all hardware platforms to be nearly identical. But the customer has no real choice, then. With real differences in hardware it is more likely that a particular platform will be quite tailored for a given customer. I don't know exactly how an Xbox looks, but the PS2 and GCN are quite different and satisfy different needs. As far as I know, Xbox 360 and PS3 are but an upgrade of common console hardware, while Revolution gets the new controller and allows a different gaming experience.

I am glad to still have a choice.

one question has benn haunting me, though. In all their talk, they stress the fact that a third secret related the hardwre will be unveiled, just as for the DS and its Stylus (Or was it the second screen that was revealed back then ?). Would it be unrealistic to expect..say..a VR-headset...( ????) for a plateform that will sell at low price ? :smile:

Lycan said:
one question has benn haunting me, though. In all their talk, they stress the fact that a third secret related the hardwre will be unveiled, just as for the DS and its Stylus (Or was it the second screen that was revealed back then ?). Would it be unrealistic to expect..say..a VR-headset...( ????) for a plateform that will sell at low price ? :smile:

Yeah I think it would be unrealistic.

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah I think it would be unrealistic.

I do really agree with that.

Price (specialy), easy of use, the spoky factor (many dont like of VR)... Meybe when you see such tech bellow 200$, today it still sold at 799$+.

IMO (my realistc version of me) you should expect something like the DS, they said it would have 2 screnns and for many that didnt make sense (like many still think that the remote do not make sense) but then they revealed litle/simple things that make the DS really shine like the touch screnn and the micro.

That is what I expect from Rev secrets is litle things that it can make the total experience much more enjoyable (like a micro, see my sig).

Back