New computer: request for moral support

Update:
I'm in the semi-early installation phase now. Lots of things can still go wrong, but one thing really impresses me:
I'm in Windows, not really doing anything besides typing this and formatting a hard drive partition (which looks to be finished, ooh, any hour now). Absolutely not a heavy workload. Under similar conditions, my old T-bird 1200 reached about 50 degrees celsius (55 if not -dust cleaned for a while). The new configuration reaches 37-38 degrees... WITH PASSIVE COOLING! :D I think that calls for capital letters.

Of course, there's still no telling what will happen when I throw some work at it. But I choose to be glad when I can!

Teehee, glad to hear that the passive CPU cooling option is getting at least a trial run!

Jawed

Go horvendile, Go! Remember, women want to be with you, and men want to be you.

And Andrzej Bania said to tell you that you are fragrant as well. (But then I think he says that about all new X1900 owners. Derek Perez prolly has a line about mistaking new G71 owners for Brad Pitt).

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jawed said:
Teehee, glad to hear that the passive CPU cooling option is getting at least a trial run!

Yep! Though I have a question about that. But on second thought, I'll take that in a separate thread.

And BTW, you were right about needing an extension for the aux. power cord.

Back