[PS3] New Lair screenshot

Ahh, looks more like a giant, walking crocodile in tha Oblivion shot.

Anyways, back on topic. The screenshot looks pretty impressive. The dragon design(or his head in particular) reminds me of Godzilla( from the dreadful 1998 movie)....

DigitalSoul said:
Ahh, looks more like a giant, walking crocodile in tha Oblivion shot.

Anyways, back on topic. The screenshot looks pretty impressive. The dragon design(or his head in particular) reminds me of Godzilla( from the dreadful 1998 movie)....

Yeah I thought of that too...

Titanio said:
Also, if you didn't notice from the PPT - Lair's budget is $23-25m total :oops: :oops: They talk about developing multiple projects simultaneously and leveraging "core" work across those projects to try and offset some of the cost.

Hey what's embarrissing about 25 million dollars?

Looks hot, I wonder where this is taken from, I've always expected the gameplay to be a behind the dragon POV, panzer dragoon style.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's in-game with the camera turned around, and the cammands in the top-left are simply for your 'squad'

I love what they did with the leather straps, they don't look normal mapped at all.

mckmas8808 said:

That's a freaking lot of money for one single game!! I imagine Sony is spending a lot of cash on their big title right now. Yikes! That's a bit scaring.

Hopefully, this is going to be shoot-'em up only. No on-foot missions please! I remember the dreadful lvl in Rogue Leader. Crosses fingers.

Anyway, as always fantastic gfx, Factor5.

Titanio said:
Also, if you didn't notice from the PPT - Lair's budget is $23-25m total :oops: :oops: They talk about developing multiple projects simultaneously and leveraging "core" work across those projects to try and offset some of the cost.

This is a similar type deal (and similar money) with what MS is spending on Silcon Knights "too human" trilogy. All three games are developed at the same time.

dukmahsik said:
looks great but i don't think it's nearly on par with the cgi that was released last year?

That's the first time I've heard to the Lair stuff released as CG...

The model looks the same (at least quality wise), outside of the original being wet and this one not (I'm not sure if sometimes the dragons get wet or if the specular wetness was all turned off).

dukmahsik said:
looks great but i don't think it's nearly on par with the cgi that was released last year?

:rolleyes:

It was realtime. The difference here I can see is that the skin isn't nearly as 'slimey' as in the footage from last year, and lot of people actually seem to prefer that.

Titanio said:
:rolleyes:

It was realtime. The difference here I can see is that the skin isn't nearly as 'slimey' as in the footage from last year, and lot of people actually seem to prefer that.

Yea, but half those people couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag, and on top of that they'd probably complain that it didn't look realistic. (I do like GAF, but most of their complaints are wonky)

The wetness of the original model looked great given the setting (seeing as it was being drenched in rain)... I'm hoping the specular shiny wasn't just removed completely but depends on the situation (if its raining or you've been in rain for a while then you get sloppy wet).

mckmas8808 said:

I think it's a lot of money. You're starting to get into film production territory. But with the scanned methods they used to model the dragons, I'm not surprised at how expensive it is. Just that 25 million wasn't what I thought it would be, thought it would be a bit lower.

i appologize if the original was realtime, it's hard to tell when it comes to sony ;)

but anyways, factor 5 has always had great gfx and little gameplay, i hope this doesn't follow suit.

scooby_dooby said:
I love what they did with the leather straps, they don't look normal mapped at all.

This is a quite high-poly model, obviously. You can pick a few poly edges on that strap, so it's been modeled and not just normal mapped.

Back