[PS3] New Lair screenshot

wowzor!!

the resolution is 960x540 is this a 1080i game or am I miscalculating things .. :cool:

Arg, the photo wasn't stored at 960x540, it was at 720p.

The aliasing in the 720p shot demonstrates its 'authenticity' if you will.

Mmmkay said:
Arg, the photo wasn't stored at 960x540, it was at 720p.

The aliasing in the 720p shot demonstrates its 'authenticity' if you will.

seems realtime to me
but it's full of jagges, maybe they use hdr fp

The dragon doesn't look wet although it is raining in that scene. I remember in the previous screenshots the dragon had a more slimier, wet look.
Could be just that this is a pre-build or such, with some of the effects not "on".

Looks great though, and if it animates as well as it looks this is definitely a sign of true "next gen".
But it does look like Warkawk and Lair will be the most impressive looking games at launch period. I do hope that Lair would have more detailed and "busy" backgrounds than what we've yet seen on these shots. Up to now it's been just one or two very very good looking dragons with a barren landscapes.

Titanio said:
_phil_ spotted this from this Factor5 GDC presentation in another thread, but it's really worth its own IMO:

Note the HUD is in, and the dragons now seem to have human riders. Oh, and note the awesome graphics :p

From this GDC presentation: https://www.cmpevents.com/sessions/GD/S1609i1.ppt

Thanks for the link. Now if this is truly an in-game shot this is what I want to see. No PR stunts, no cut scene, just let the actual games do the talkin.

Ben-Nice said:
looks great but not so sure how the gameplay mechanic is going to work.

HUD looks a bit RPG-ish, I hope not though.

Ha, did you notice the guy falling at the tower? And the dragon way in back in the background.

I posted this in another thread but it seems like this screen may be sort of a cutscene while you are making strategic moves with the dpad, though not directly controlling anything. Great shots though, regardless of when or where it is. Id love to see what it looks like when youre controlling a dragon, if it looks like this, should be great.

Mmmkay said:
I'm guessing Drakan Squadron.

Me too (look at the hud):
rebel_strike8.jpg

rabidrabbit said:
The dragon doesn't look wet although it is raining in that scene. I remember in the previous screenshots the dragon had a more slimier, wet look.
Could be just that this is a pre-build or such, with some of the effects not "on".

Funnily enough, most people seem happier if that "effect" is not on ;)

rabidrabbit said:
I do hope that Lair would have more detailed and "busy" backgrounds than what we've yet seen on these shots. Up to now it's been just one or two very very good looking dragons with a barren landscapes.

We've seen little of the landscapes period. But the first trailer showed scenes with lots o' dragons.

Also, if you didn't notice from the PPT - Lair's budget is $23-25m total :oops: :oops: They talk about developing multiple projects simultaneously and leveraging "core" work across those projects to try and offset some of the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back