Cops make public intoxication arrests in bars

If they want to reduce drunk driving, why didn't they nab these people when they went for their vehicles? I'm also against drinking, but I have to say this all looks very fishy to me...

I have to wonder if it isn't the result of the christian morality brigade trying to enforce their beliefs in some way.

Guden Oden said:
If they want to reduce drunk driving, why didn't they nab these people when they went for their vehicles? I'm also against drinking, but I have to say this all looks very fishy to me...

I have to wonder if it isn't the result of the christian morality brigade trying to enforce their beliefs in some way.
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has taken its fight against drunken driving to a new level. TABC agents, along with Irving police, targeted 36 bars and clubs Friday, arresting some allegedly intoxicated patrons before they departed the businesses.

I doubt that they can get enough support (even in conservative Texas) to do all of that. This looks more like an experiment to actually see if they can make any noticeable decrease in drunk driving. I feel sorry for the bars though because of all of the business they would lose in the for a while because of this.

Thats stupid. If you dont want people drinking in pubs, then dont renew the pubs alcohol licence. This is pure scare tactics, which make me think there is some other agenda behind it.

Ali

Karma Police said:
Eh. 40% of all road fatalities are alcohol related. Go ahead.
Yeah!
And you know what?
Lets also arrest people who are walking home for PI.
They do that here...makes no sense.

I can't go out and get drunk, in a bar, when i have a designated driver there?
Karma Police, I hope your name lives up to itself for you, and your karma comes back to bite you.

Karma Police said:
Eh. 40% of all road fatalities are alcohol related. Go ahead.
You can't actually lower drunk driving road fatalities by arresting people while they're still at the bar though. What are you going to charge them with, intoxicated driving of a barstool? :rolleyes:

The public intoxication charge is bullshit by the way, bars aren't public places. They're private establishments.

Back