(PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC

Damn, E3 is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see all the first-gen PS3 games and ofcourse also second gen x360 games.

uninmpressed.

motorstorm:
in this shot we are miles and miles and miles far from the E3 CG videos, low textures blurred, no poly detail, no good lightining, the car lack of the shadow
seems a low resolution upscaled

the low textures blurred, the "upscaling" look and low poly models applies to the other shots, but there the lightining is a lot better

It's impossible to tell what that means for me as gamer in the end from the pics.I can't imagine making any judgement based on that.

Griffith said:
uninmpressed.

motorstorm:
in this shot we are miles and miles and miles far from the E3 CG videos, low textures blurred, no poly detail, no good lightining, the car lack of the shadow

the low textures blurred, the "upscaling" look and low poly models applies to the other shots, but there the lightining is a lot better

These are the only gameplayish shots from E3 to compare. If people actually think any game was going to match the cockpit view they showed at E3...well I guess that acid really messed up your head.

E3 gamplayish pic

motor.jpg

GDC

117465126_9dccea53fb_o.jpg

As good? No. Miles and miles and miles worse. No.

Griffith said:
uninmpressed.

motorstorm:

So you think that tech demo had all the lighting, shaders, textures, physics and all the other stuff the final game would have turned on?

Ben-Nice said:
These are the only gameplayish shots from E3 to compare. If people actually think any game was going to match the cockpit view they showed at E3...well I guess that acid really messed up your head.

As good? No. Miles and miles and miles worse. No.

good try, but you can't take a brigher pic and a dark dark pic, so the dark seems more dramatic and hide the lack of detail,

more fairly, turn up the lights:

E3

e31ps.jpg

GDC

gdc9gd.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9210/gdc24ky.jpg

I agreed that the visual of computergraphic cannot be matched, but there're a lot of stupid that believed that the E3 CG video was realtime, in this picture we have only one model and the envirorment is empty, the texture are lowres
hope that this is not indicative of the final result

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
So you think that tech demo had all the lighting, shaders, textures, physics and all the other stuff the final game would have turned on?

the pics are from two different games.

i could swear that i saw in this forum that motorstorm and other techdemos were stripped down just to show the physics and not "the hole game" to the competitor developers.

people keep confusing gdc with e3.

Griffith said:
in this picture we have only one model and the envirorment is empty, the texture are lowres

I wouldn't say they're low res (lower than the E3 vid, perhaps, not in absolute terms)..

Also, about the "empty environment", reportedly at the end of the last demo the camera panned out to reveal many more racers.

There are all kinds of things that simply can't be seen or conveyed by looking at some pic of a projected image from some conference, as opposed to actually seeing it yourself up close being renedered and in motion.Comparing pics like this is cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
ninzel said:
There are all kinds of things that simply can't be seen or conveyed by looking at some pic of a projected image from some conference, as opposed to actually seeing it yourself up close being renedered and in motion.Comparing pics like this is insane.

But, its all we got!.......

Seriously though, I agree. The image quality of these are terrible...especially the Motostrom ones. R&C looks a bit better( the art in the game looks nice). Directfeed we need.

DigitalSoul said:
But, its all we got!.......

It's ok, we all have this affliction where we beleive we must alway's have an opinion on something right away, any opinion as long as we have one. ;)

Was the R & C demo a tech-demo/cutscene? I don't remember but i thought i recall reading it at some point. Can't tell much from the motorstorm pics, we'll have to wait for some video.

mistan said:

Any mirrors? Bandwidth exceeded on those.

Never mind, found them in a thread at gaming-age.com forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back