(PS3) High Resolution photos from GDC

mistan

Newcomer
Ratchet & Clank:
http://pix.nofrag.com/ff/93/620dd94d319d41e66a51d0e67dfd.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/38/c2/d7b00b09ec7a4e3b3a7d887b6716.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/91/a8/bbcc97f49b042c2958547b826bff.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/d1/e7/bc427ee0bffab348a94c4b572081.html

Just downright amazing to me...Few words can describe how it looks.

Motorstorm:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4952/msgdc2k6012gb.jpg
I guess it is a step down...still nice though, maybe its just this shot. You decide...keep it friendly! :lol

EDIT: Rehost

EDIT 2: Rehost of R&C only...
Thanks DudeMiester

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those Ratchet & Clank shots look like paintings! There's just something about the lighting in that game.

Motorstorm is meh. There's nothing more to really say about it...

Fifth Element meets Final Fantasy XII meets PS3! Wow! Now this is what I hoped (graphically) for next gen.

Btw, the colors are much more saturated in the small shots, let's hope we soon get direct screen grabs.

Fredi

McFly said:
Fifth Element meets Final Fantasy XII meets PS3! Wow! Now this is what I hoped (graphically) for next gen.

Btw, the colors are much more saturated in the small shots, let's hope we soon get direct screen grabs.

Fredi
Your calling Ratchet & Clank a soap opera satire?:p

R&C looks like sex.

Hopefully they'll pull those visuals off. (dun dun dun)

OH AND GIVE ME A REAL SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE DAMN YOU. SCREW YOUR TRASHY MULTIPLAYER.

Hell, just remake Going Commando but add Deadlocked weapons.

Multiplayer is great and all, but not at the expense of the single player experience.

*Moderated

Beautiful art direction with Ratchet and Clank...man....

Motorstorm is definately a step down. Just give me an inner cabin camera viewpoint!!!! :devilish:

BlueTsunami said:
Beautiful art direction with Ratchet and Clank...man....

Motorstorm is definately a step down. Just give me an inner cabin camera viewpoint!!!! :devilish:
I think that would probably make it look worse if your that close up.

Edit: How come this post and my last one didn't join together?

Not to sound like a spoil-sport but I think that city is just a tech demo. I can't see the Ratchet team pulling that off with that franchise. It is beautifully done though..looks awesome.

bleh to Motorsport.

heavenlyglory said:
Not to sound like a spoil-sport but I think that city is just a tech demo. I can't see the Ratchet team pulling that off with that franchise. It is beautifully done though..looks awesome.

bleh to Motorsport.

Well most of the demos at GDC for the PS3 was just certain features being showcased. Also, the team (or I should say devs) that makes the Ratchet series is the most likely to pull off miracles ;)

mistan said:
Motorstorm:
I guess it is a step down...still nice though, maybe its just this shot. You decide...keep it friendly! :lol

I still think Motorstorm looks really good. Though, so far we didn't see that much of it.

BlueTsunami said:
Well most of the demos at GDC for the PS3 was just certain features being showcased. Also, the team (or I should say devs) that makes the Ratchet series is the most likely to pull off miracles ;)

I dont know about that, id say the guys at evolution were better with the PS2 then R&C Dev's. The last WRC game was like :eek: Id say that mototr storm was an ealier build than the E3 one.

heavenlyglory said:
Not to sound like a spoil-sport but I think that city is just a tech demo. I can't see the Ratchet team pulling that off with that franchise.
I agree that it's "just" a tech demo, but I find it strange how you formulate the second part. If I remember correctly, some more informed members of this forum - especially those with access to performance analysers - think that the Ratchet games are some of the greatest technical achievments on PS2. So I can see that team also being among the first to take full advantage of PS3.

Still, the image quality on these shots is a bit too good. It could be an artifact of the method by which they were obtained, but as they are now I have trouble believing those are fully real-time. Though there are some small imperfections that lend support to that claim, like the visible polys on the plants in the first shot.

PeterT said:
Still, the image quality on these shots is a bit too good. It could be an artifact of the method by which they were obtained, but as they are now I have trouble believing those are fully real-time. Though there are some small imperfections that lend support to that claim, like the visible polys on the plants in the first shot.

There are visible poly edges in a few places, and the texturing on the floor in the first pic looks a little..rushed :p Not that it takes away from it one jot..

This is Insomniac. They haven't bullshitted us before, they showed Resistance as it was last E3, and Ted Price seems to be proud to show off his work as it actually is, regardless of what others are doing. The Ratchet&Clank games on PS2 are amongst the most technically amazing..I can well believe Insomniac can pull off some gob-smacking stuff, in their second PS3 title. There's too much original asset production here for this to have simply been a tech demo, either, IMO.

As for the shots, it's jaw-dropping (while bearing in mind all the usual caveats about non-direct-feed shots, of course..).

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanio said:
There are visible poly edges in a few places, and the texturing on the floor in the first pic looks a little..rushed :p Not that it takes away from it one jot..

This is Insomniac. They haven't bullshitted us before, they showed Resistance as it was last E3, and Ted Price seems to be proud to show off his work as it actually is, regardless of what others are doing. The Ratchet&Clank games on PS2 are amongst the most technically amazing..I can well believe Insomniac can pull off some gob-smacking stuff, in their second PS3 title. There's too much original asset production here for this to have simply been a tech demo, either.

As for the shots, it's jaw-dropping (while bearing in mind all the usual caveats about non-direct-feed shots, of course..).

It looks to me like they have re-done the first city level from the original game, add'd more polygons and a splash of HDR, put more things on screen and just gave it a clean up. Still its looks oh sooooo pretty :eek:

Any flammable material is deleted on sight, any post that doesn't contain any usefull information (except opinions when asked) is eligible for deletion also.
You can state your opinion, but only once per thread and in a nice and fair way.

("There's no HUD dude, it's a FAKE!" type of messages are NOT tolerated.)

Besides, when any of you have a complaint, report it in the Feedback Forum, and not inside a topic in which it has nothing to do.

Back