What would it take for you to buy a 360/PS3/Revolution?

Definitely I'll be getting PS3 on launch day (if possible). Its going to have the biggest game library and the most support. Premium hardware. Basically I consider it a premium product. Not to mention PS2 is at its golden age right now in my opinion so I'm not in any rush at all to support the trend of cutting short console lifecycles because a certain company can't afford to lose more money.

Revolution is probably another purchase I'll look forward to. Innovation is off the charts for Nintendo lately and they have still in my opinion the best range of first party games. It also seems like the price range of this console is going to be in the sweet spot of "second console purchasers".

X360 : probably I'll never purchase an xbox after the disappointment that was Xbox 1. I haven't touched mine in months due to lack of titles that interested me. However, if the modding community picks up exclusively for this console (versus the other 2) and they add more functions to it I'll probably pick one up. I think theres a chance of me buying one when the prices if half that of launch for the premium. That said, I doubt I'll be using it as a gaming system.

In response to the thread title: A controller with which I can use comfortably without having to get used to it.

Don´t see much of a reason to get a X360. The games I care aobout, DMC, MGS, RE and especially FF, will be on PS3, most of them exclusively. Perhaps if the mistwalker games turn out to be fantastically awesome, I´ll consider getting one when the price goes down.

As for the rest of the 360 games, can´t care less about WRPGs like Oblivion and PC FPSs...and yeah, Halo can go f*ck itself for all I care. :D

Currently I can only see myself buying a 360. Maybe a rev too, but that will depend entirly on system seller titles. I cannot see myself buying a PS3 however.

Partly this is because I've simply never once enjoyed sitting down with a PS2, even supposedly wonderful games like god of war, to WRC or GT, I've simply not enjoyed them. I can't really say why, probably a combination of the controller and their fairly simplistic game stlyes. Possibly the best example was when I once played medal of honor (I think it was moh), the combination of blurry ghosting graphics, an innacurate, uncomfortable controller and a gameplay sequence requiring high accuracy left me simply furious, I've never had a game get me so irritated before.

So the PS3 needs to change in that respect. I don't want cinematic games (the mgs4 trailer was yawn inducing), I don't want a cramped controller (the dual shock gives me sores), I don't want appauling resolution, I want sharpness and saturation. Unfortunatly, it appears only the latter are being addressed so far.

I can't really explain it. Call it fanatic bias I guess. But I know there are further reasons there somewhere why I simply disliked the playstation 2. PS1 was fine however.

The second part is development side. The recent news reguarding the XNA .net framework, and the supposed '$100 development kit' for the 360 pretty much nails it for me. Sony have a very hard time here already. I'm not an nvidia fan by experience, I prefer writing direct3d to opengl and I like my languages as high level as realistically possible. I find xenos a facinating design yet cell just doesn't interest me, like all cpus don't interest me. Blu ray I feel is a gimmic, just as hd dvd for the 360 will be (to me) so add it all up, and the PS3 realy doesn't have anything to offer me.

I've never had a single PS2 title ever tempt me. I guess thats main the problem right there.

Everyone to their own I guess.

Revolution, im already sold. Nintendos games, backwards compatibilty and new controller, instant sale for me.

PS3, im sold again. GT5, enough said.

XBOX360, not even warm. What ill it take? Well for Microsoft not to be part of it, hahaha. But really, Too human looks good but no system seller, I think it would have to be a GT5 KILLER! I mean, all the good stuff (physics, photorealistic graphics, raspy engine notes, etc...) of the GT series plus Ferrari, Lambo and other exotics. Killer app from RARE would help too. Speaking of killer, Killer instinct is something id like to see with next gen graphics and those crazy combos.

Well, seeing as over 80% of my current-gen library is jRPGs and I'm currently playing Suikoden 5 and not Oblivion, I'll get the one that gets most of them. Which will be PS3 I guess. However, with the releases that already happened (SH3, Suikoden5, Grandia3, ToL) and will happen (AI:EM2, FF12, Rogue Galaxy -- whew, 2006 is stuffed!) this year for PS2, I have plenty of time to wait for the PS3 price to come down. That it also has the most interesting hardware from my PoV is just a bonus ;)

I'll probably also get the Rev to play Twilight Princess if it's really good, never got a gamecube. The 360 would have to offer a really tempting exclusive, and by exclusive I don't mean a game that's also on PC like some people on this board love to.

When I wanted the 360 over anything else it was probably because of halo 3 and so I could play halo2 too. But now, meh. I'm only buying one system, and 360 really hasnt anything against ps3.

though if rev becomes really cheap and fun I might buy it after a year or so. I've always wanted to play the old zelda and perfect dark on n64 and the rogue leader series on GC.

I will most def buy the PS3 because of all the fantastic game franchises.

The Nintendo/Rev is for little children so..no. (IMHO)

The Xbox360 has to prove ALOT before I even consider it. It seems like MS chooses PC ports over creativity which I don't like.

first i'll have to buy a big hdtv screen mostly for movies and animes (because of size, not res)

then, if the 360 is still the only console with higher res available i am sold.
I guess microsoft will pour so much resources in this thing that i am sure to get good games at a good price. And including the backwardscompatibility with xbox1 titles ill have enough things to play for some time. (still have to work)

but if the ps3 is already out, it would have to have to have a horrible high price, like 2-3 times xbox360, that i would think again of getting the 360.
Also important is wether my screen will support 1080p and wether the ps3 games will also do that. then i am ready to pay even more for the ps3

and if there is unlimited linux support for the ps3 i ll be ready to pay even even even more.

but the rev seems to be a no brainer if nintendo gets some fun games for it and the controller. I hate zelda and mario, but the thing will be cheap, the games will be cheap and hopefully lots of fun, maybe even some new shooter games with the controller.

edited: some grammar and sentence mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:
Revolution is a lock for me, I know that I'm goin to get some great adventure games, FPS, and Smash Bros, Fzero.

XB360, I'm hoping Team Ninja comes up with great sequel to Ninja Gaiden, technically I want them to use VF5 as an inspiration on visuals. I'm not to worried about gameplay, although I'm worried about the camera. Halo3 is a guaranteed must for me, Bungie just needs to work on the single player a bit, I was dissapointed(Halo2).

PS3 God of War 3, brings alot of motivating factors into purchasing the PS3, then there's Blu-Ray.

This gen RE4 is my favorite game, so thats a big thing, it will help me determine which second console to get first between the 360 and PS3. Need great control.

I must say that xbox360 grows on me.
I find game offer strong for a 6 month console, and quality is highter for me then early Ps2.
I trust MS for online service, I don't care for japenese games.
I love rpg but d&d kind.
I like the pc port, i can't afford pc upgrade often if the xbox360 is succefull enought, it could solve some of my issue.
I love interactivity between vista (ouch upgrade but as cheap as possible).

Anyway i'm still not sold, the xbox360 has to sale a lot and prove solid editors support. Ms needs good exclusive games and some mmorpg could nice ;).
I don't care about hd-dvd and no more about blu-ray.

Sony, there is no game at this time that i'm waiting, price can be an issue, i don't want to pay for bluray, pc redundant fonctionalities.
Anyway amazing exclusive and mmorpg could sold me on the system.
I'm wainting, i'm sorry but I take everything from Sony with 1 or 2 tons of salt. lol. At this time i consider that i know nothing quality wize on ps3 games.

I've time, i won't be an early adopter. REv almost no interest.

360 - Plan on buying one some day, when is the question. It sold me the instant I played Oblivion at the 360 event. That Condemned, and the fact that there were a lot of great games on display gave me some confindence in the system. Definite buy.

PS3 - The PSX gave me some games I hadn't even really thought possible on consoles. PS2 didn't grab me half as well, there were a few games that really got me, but my system died before SotC, Katamari, and MGS3 released. So I can't say I've had the full PS2 experience. Don't plan on buying one as of yet. Sony has to show me their system might last more then two years before I buy one.

Rev - What can I say? I have many games I want to design on the thing. It's a definite buy for me. If developers can't get something good, that can draw players in like no console before it, they need to pay me. Definite buy, and quite possibly one of the most exciting things to come to gaming in a long time. <Fanb0yish.

PS3, simply because it will have the most games, and it's the most powerful with the most functionality. Awesome franchises on Sony's consoles!

Even though I own a Gamecube, which I like, and like Nintendo a lot, not sure I will buy into it. I not really sold on the new controller, as it's too different than what I'm used to. I certainly would not have to play any game that involves swinging my arms about. Metroid and Zelda would be tempting though.

Xbox 360, very nice hardware, and I have no doubt it will have many great games, but PS3 will keep me happy enough, that I don't need it. Not really sure what exclusives would tempt me. Halo sure, but that's a hardware and game rental, like I did with Halo 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
nintenho said:
What do you mean by this?

Blu-ray, wireless built-in, standard memory card like SD, 1080p, HDMI, Linux giving computer fuctionality, and dual monitor support. Enough for you? :D

Edge said:
Blu-ray, wireless built-in, standard memory card like SD, 1080p, HDMI, Linux giving computer fuctionality, and dual monitor support. Enough for you? :D
I thought you meant that, just was curious. Why does it have dual monitor support though? Is it so that you can have more players in split-screen multiplayer games?

360 - not being made by ms

rev - more than one good game a year unlike the gc and n64

im gonna get a ps3

Back