throw your ndas away

I do have doubts :D Not about their ability, but about their chance to hold the perfomance crown for more than a couple of months :)

ciao,
Marco

nAo said:
I do have doubts :D Not about their ability, but about their chance to hold the perfomance crown for more than a couple of months :)

ciao,
Marco

Matrox has never really cared about being fastest all the time. And even I doubt that they would still be king when year changes, but hey that's what miracles are for :D

They will lose feature crown when DX9 compliant HW comes, but Speed crown is different thing. Another question mark is how competitors have prepared to that someone like Matrox comes and shows something like their FAA...

If Matrox can really deliver the product with the said AA capability, my money is definitely with the 256M version of the card.

Really amazing with the AA quality and superior Matrox 2D quality, now with iDCT and MC (which superios quality iDCT and MC are previously only available from ATI RADEON series). The Ti4600 is not even close to R8500 for 2D quality, let alone Matrox.

I also wonder what those Depth Cache and Depth Acceleration parts does.
well, tuesday we propably hear explanation for those...

But that could be something...

About Parhelia and NV30, it probably will be like comparing a GF1 DDR (Parhelia) and a GF2 MX (NV30).

Somes 16bits games like CounterStrike see no difference and sometimes like more the little higher clock frequency of gf2 mx (NV30 will be .13 micron right?), but when you want FSAA or 1024x768x32 then GF1 DDR is much faster than gf2 mx. The key here is that we are getting into a next step in gaming graphics with Doom3 which will be highlly memory bandwith demanding. The Doom3 performance Crown will be defined by pure datapath performance and nvidia usually have a very optimized datapath but Parhelia has a BIG bandwith to use as well as nice tricks like fragment FSAA.

DX9 will be important in 2 or 3 years, not now.

I hope too see a great competition in the sub $200 market between NV30 and R300 this year.

Just a thought... At the end of the pipeline in 3DLabs P10 there is an "Array of 64 pixel processors fed by a programmable address processor" that performs "alpha blend, dither, anti-aliasing, custom formatting, logic ops". So it has it's AA system defined by software, right? Just how flexible is it? Could something like Matrox FAA be implented there? Assuming they can avoid a lawsuit that is? :rolleyes:

Regards / ushac

ushac:
3dlabs already have their SuperScene in the Wildcat cards. And that seems better than what Matrox offers here (at first glance, but they might be similar). And since P10 also is meant for high end (at the beginning) there's a rather good chance that they've put that ability in P10 too with the right program.
I don't think they need to fear any lawsuits.

Well, at least less storage intensive than 4x straight MS or SS. And if ixbt is to be believed, with better quality.
[Edit]
Well, OK. That number is for bandwidth. Storage size might be more like ~7x nVidia style, or ~5x T-buffer style. But do we know how effective Matrox version is?

well , some other sites has a lot more pics

1856774_a4887cc5a7.jpg

( any reply about the 11fps , will be ignored )

and an impressive tech demo

1856916_d63f74826f.jpg

looks like a dream i had , wonder who's making this

http://www.chip.de/produkte_tests/produkte_tests_8725844.html

I don't really care much for the first pic which is 3d mark but boy does that 2nd go leaps & bounds beyond anything I've previously seen.I wonder how this card would fare in the commanche test as well as the codecreatures benchmark which seems to be the most intensive graphics demo out there

That depends how they structured it ... if they can ensure that fragments of shared edges will stay in the fragment cache most of the time until they can be merged then neither the bandwith hit nor the storage requirements would be significant (would have a small fillrate hit of course, just like multisampling).

This is a really pleasant surprise coming from Matrox.

But if I were to spend money, I'd wait. Especially so for a programmer.

HellBinder: that's another fake.

Picture of the card is "G450 with three heads" -hoax from MURC and specs are generally from "Released at Matrox website but pulled back" web page screenshot, which was April 1st Foolsday joke.

we just have to wait for tuesday to get further release schedule.

nearly 100% sure , what tells you this .. the tweakers page still states , they have 64 , 96 and 128 bit color depths support

the card there is a fake ..

and the english used isn't press release english ..

umm... there is something awfully wrong in this thread.
I am now writing post to 4th page but the thread doesn't notice that there is fourth page at all... :D

Admins, (in case someone finds his way to here...) could you check what's wrong, please?

Back