Blazing Angels demo out now!

Guden Oden said:
Not great game though.

This is another early 360 game that is completely underwhelming. Not only is vsynch disabled (means tearing), there were many instances when I played where the framerate either dipped heavily or outright crashed, including once when the camera looked straight up into the sky (!!!), and also during the strafing run on balloons on the ground. One would think the hardware ought to be able to easily handle the smoke and explosions thanks to its on-chip framebuffer, but unfortunately this game really did little better with that than most any PC setup would, giving a framerate that was undoubtedly down in the low teens - if that much even - for a few moments there.

Graphics is also only average I think. I won't complain about blurry textures, because that is always problematic with flight sim-type games, but buildings severely lack polygon detail making them look very fake, and trees in particular suffer from a lot of texture noise. It looks extremely distracting seeing a forest of crawling ants drift by under the plane, meh.

There's some bloom and shit, and there seems to be at least 2x AA, but really, visually this game's nothing at all to write home about. Totally boring! Seriously. Gears of war can't friggin come quick enough I say. Technically and artistically, this game SUCKS.

It wasn't anything that immediately hooked me while playing either, but then again, driving/flying games just aren't my 'thing'.

Its probably the worst tearing i experienced combined with strange hicks/dumps in framerate. I liked the flyingcontroll and gfx apart from that though. Im a little biased when it comes to flightgames overall btw, but this is nothing that i will pick up.

Its just to hold out for me untill AceCombatZero comes, that day cant come soon enough!

this got crappy reviews but most are saying that the Online LIVE play is where this game shines. SP is mostly boring evidently.

I may pick it up since multiplayer is all I'm really interested in.

Supposedly the later battles get extremely chaotic and very intense with amazing smoke an such.

I've been playing the demo and I can't seem to get past the second mission. I'm at the part where you have to destroy the German ships. I destroy the 2 destroyers and then my plane changes into the bi-plane from the first mission and I can't control it anymore. It just flies in circles. Has anyone experienced this? I'd like to get to the London level that everyone is talking about but the situation above happens every time. Its driving me nuts!

A Piece of Crap

Downloaded this demo..took ages to do that. I must say it is funny game but it has poor graphics and overall this game is CRAP.

Need i say more!

Back