Sony @ GDC: Phil Harrison's Keynote

basanti said:
why would I? if it had a hud or the screen was of gameplay elements.
I playied Getaway on PS2.It has no hud.Does that mean it has no gameplay elements?

And if they wanted to show some prerecorded gameplay footage it wouldnt have been strange if they removed the hud to showcase the graphics and other elements better.Nobody cares about the hud unless he plays the game in first hand.
The hud serves no reason in GDC where people dont actually play the game

liverkick said:
Taking a quick count of your post history this is your 13th post in this thread saying the same exact thing. I take it you've got your point across.

this is called "discussion"
one guy say his thoughts, other do the same

are you happy that there're no words on rsx, that there're only tech demoing?
if yes, nobody will say that you are happy because of ......... (fill as you like)

but if someone is disapointed, and this is naturally, you can't point your finger at him, as he have done a crime, be fair

Griffith said:

are you happy that there're no words on rsx, that there're only tech demoing?
if yes, nobody will say that you are happy because of ......... (fill as you like)

but if someone is disapointed, and this is naturally, you can't point your finger at him, as he have done a crime, be fair

A discussion doesn't consist of one person constantly harping the same things over and over. And without any prompting mind you!

Griffith said:

It's not a discussion if one side keeps saying the same thing. That, I think, is called banging your head against a brick wall. Apologies if I'm offending anyone but let's get over the "no RSX details, no real gameplay..." stuff cos if the discussion is not moving on with your comments don't make them please. I think if you take an unbiased look at the last week or so Sony's had a good time of it.
Thanks to all!

drpepper said:
From the Motorstorm article, I hope they implement that sort of detail with Next-Gen Rally racers! I want my WRC!

From 1up: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148951

Following that Motorstorm was used to demonstrate how you can buy stuff in the game. In action the HDR lighting looked sharp, but the poor framerate made it clear this was still an early build. While the texturing looked nice, it was a significant step down from the jaw-dropping pre-rendered demo shown at last year's E3. We'll also have more for you on Motorstorm from E3 in May.

I wonder what E3 will bring...

Seems it was real time with the frame rate being the dissapointing part.I hope they improve it and looks as smooth as the E3 prerendered video

slider said:
It's not a discussion if one side keeps saying the same thing. That, I think, is called banging your head against a brick wall. Apologies if I'm offending anyone but let's get over the "no RSX details, no real gameplay..." stuff cos if the discussion is not moving on with your comments don't make them please. I think if you take an unbiased look at the last week or so Sony's had a good time of it.
Thanks to all!

you have to calm down and look at reality as it is, i wrote my thought once, i find more biased a person that get happy from demoing, at this time (spring) we have promised to have a console, but we get this, running on a dev kit that runs XP?

it was showed in realtime from a ps3 console? no
I really want to know what makes all of you so happy about, this makes of me an unbiased person that ask something that don't understand

HDD included NOT confirmed

Back to square one on the HDD issue unfortunately, it seems!

"First, he declined to talk about whether the hard drive will be included in the PS3. Instead, he said that all PS3 games will require the hard drive."

http://www.kotaku.com/

Other stuff:

"The basic service for Playstation Live will be free, Harrison reiterated, with only third-party and micro transactions costing anything. In other words, you will be able to play online for free and, at least it sounds like, there will be no tiered system like what is found with Xbox Live.

Harrison said that a new controller will be unveiled at E3, and Harrison stressed that the Immersion lawsuit has nothing to do with its final look."

Last edited by a moderator:
Griffith said:
you have to calm down and look at reality as it is, i wrote my thought once, i find more biased a person that get happy from demoing, at this time (spring) we have promised to have a console, but we get this, running on a dev kit that runs XP?

it was showed in realtime from a ps3 console? no
I really want to know what makes all of you so happy about, this makes of me an unbiased person that ask something that don't understand
If its running on an XP why cant it be running on a PS3 when they finish their work? :p

360 existed initially on a Mac which wasnt at all the same architecture as the 360's.At the end though we have seen the same games running better on final console.

Titanio said:

"First, he declined to talk about whether the hard drive will be included in the PS3. Instead, he said that all PS3 games will require the hard drive."

http://www.kotaku.com/

the hdd standard will be a good thing, if it will be standard

but the cost is a big problem, maybe sony can makes some $ putting trailers of film in the HD, it can be a different pubblicity form

Some more on Warhawk, also:

"Ambient warfare: combat simulation that's being constantly evaluated in the background. HD behavioral simulation. Significant portion of the system resources are used for the simulation; ocean is procedurally generated; lots of tech-jargon that's supposed to mean it's got some power. Lots of "maps" and "point lights." All of it is in HD, 4x antialiasing. PS3 is complex and powerful, but the developer entry point is accessible. No need for low level optimizations. The demo @e3"

I honestly didn't think any games would be using 4xAA at this stage..

Titanio said:

hehehe - it was just to good to be true...

Back