Best web browser?

Skrying said:
With regards to sluggish performance, I've never experienced such an issue wither either Opera or Firefox.

Since I've reinstalled Opera I havent experienced the blinking cursor issue. I still cant get the email to work correctly though, also with regards to the password issue, I havent experienced that yet (btw, deleting cookies after each closing of Opera was unchecked on every install for me), but wand still sucks.
Load up a page with tons of pics ;)
And then when you close the tab guess what?
It's still using hundreds of MB.
*whiney voice* but it's a feature.. memory cache for fast back/forward.*whiney voice*
STFU :p

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:
Load up a page with tons of pics ;)
And then when you close the tab guess what?
It's still using hundreds of MB.
*whiney voice* but it's a feature.. memory cache for fast back/forward.*whiney voice*
STFU :p

Uhh, Opera actually uses MORE memory for me under a default install.

I load up hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of pictures at once in a browser. Performance is the same for me.

The only time Opera ever crashes on me are when visiting questionable websites sometimes and often when the crappy quicktime plugin starts up. I've never experienced the 'blinking cursor' either.

Skrying said:
Uhh, Opera actually uses MORE memory for me under a default install.

I load up hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of pictures at once in a browser. Performance is the same for me.
I call BS.
Even if it does closing a tab releases memory unlike firefox so you dont have to restart the browser.

radeonic2 said:
I call BS.
Even if it does closing a tab releases memory unlike firefox so you dont have to restart the browser.

Okay? I dont get your point with that.

When viewing hundreds of pictures the memory usage is higher in Opera, that is what I said. I did not say afterwards, I did not say before, I said WHILE VIEWING HUNDREDS OF PICTURES.

Call BS all you want, viewing lots of images and having many tabs is not slow in either browser. Its perfectly smooth for me, in both browsers.

Back