Best web browser?

Firefox. using IE is a huge security risk (besides the lack of tabs). Opera would be second, I don't like its alien interface (and with tabs looking like buttons) and the scroll wheel scrolls too fast (yes, laugh or not, it's my biggest annoyance with opera and I don't know how to fix it :))

I still use Firefox 1.0.x BTW, almost only new stuff in FF 1.5 is the "go backwards" cache which I find useless, and I'm used to the old options layout (which still is better IMO)

Opera.

Its got lots of features out of the box. Don't need to mess with plugins. Its compact. Fully customizable, secure and basically it has some really nice features which are easy to use.

Firefox is very nice too and a sure win with tech heads because of all the plugins and extras. But I think for your standard user Opera makes more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:
opera.
FF has retarded memory management so I use opera.

hehehe :) yeah I shudder to think of running firefox with 100 tabs open. Opera however handles itself quite well

Opera

Before that I used FF, but it seemed to have problems.
I actually paid for Opera before they made it a free product, and feel it was well worth the money spent.

Opera is first in my book. Heard some funky things about FF's memory management with too many tabs, so that gives it a slight disadvantage. Also, I like that Opera tabs have the 'close tab' button on the tab directly instead of it being at the other side of the window. Small things make the difference...

Graham said:
hehehe :) yeah I shudder to think of running firefox with 100 tabs open. Opera however handles itself quite well
FF does have some good extensions but I like not having to restart the browser after several hours of browsing.
I also will leave my browser window open when gaming sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanyamagufa said:
Opera is first in my book. Heard some funky things about FF's memory management with too many tabs, so that gives it a slight disadvantage. Also, I like that Opera tabs have the 'close tab' button on the tab directly instead of it being at the other side of the window. Small things make the difference...

i like it the other way around to be able to quickly go trough my tabs by closing them without changing the tabs (opening all new interesting posts at once, and then just close'n'read)..

small things, indeed..

:D

I use FF currently, but Opera is almost as good. What annoys me with opera is the lack of options for opening new tabs in back-/foreground, next to the active tab or not etc. Other than that, I'd take it over FF but until then, not.

Opera. Best ever keyboard navigation, custom searches, bookmark nicknames, and the M2 email client (which happens to integrate RSS+Atom feeds).

FF does progress very nicely though, and I'm using it from time to time, especially when NTLM authentication is needed.

Eventhough I'll be shot for posting this... ahem... *cough* [size=-10]Internet Explorer[/size] *cough* :oops: :LOL:

Seriously, tried Firefox, Modzilla, Opera... I just don't dig them. :???:

_xxx_ said:
I use FF currently, but Opera is almost as good. What annoys me with opera is the lack of options for opening new tabs in back-/foreground, next to the active tab or not etc. Other than that, I'd take it over FF but until then, not.

Well, that post could've been from me...
Although I've recently got tips here how to improve things a bit re tabbed browsing (via shortcuts/mouse gesture macros) in Opera I just couldn't get it to behave like I wanted (the scarce documentation of the available macros/actions doesn't help here either...).
Let's see what Opera 9 brings.

Maxthon (used to be MyIE2) since 3 years... No other browser offers what it does with such ease.

Currently beta testing Maxthon 2.0 which will blow FF and Opera away in features.

carpediem said:
Maxthon (used to be MyIE2) since 3 years... No other browser offers what it does with such ease.

Currently beta testing Maxthon 2.0 which will blow FF and Opera away in features.
QFT :)
Maxthon all the way.

Btw. carpediem, I guess the beta isn't public, is it?

Rambler said:
QFT :)
Maxthon all the way.

Btw. carpediem, I guess the beta isn't public, is it?

No, it's not even internal at this moment... I got it from bloodchen himself 2 weeks ago. I talk to him on MSN all the time :)

120x60innovationgrey.png

Opera - so good I'd pay for it (if it wasn't now free!)
icon14.gif

Back