Yummy... :D

_xxx_

Banned
Krombacher-Pils.jpg

The one on the right. My first beer since three weeks or so (and a mighty fine one, too), I almost forgot the nice, smooth feeling. :D

Nothing better after a hard day, should try it more often methinks...

What do you guys drink after a hard day at work?

I am a social binge drinker.
I almost never drink after work.
If I do, then i have myself either a good bloody mary (SPICY) or a Beam &Coke.

When I am drinking on the weekends at say, Ren Fair, then I drink anything except beer and wine, which i just don't enjoy the taste of.
Rum, Vodka, Tequila, strange homemixed stuff like Loki, feywine, and just about any other alcoholic liquids are fair game - consumed in copious amounts, even warm rum and coke is delicious.

Do you know why Rum and Coke is the best drink to have when it is hot outside?

Because you drink it sitting in the shade :)

Anyways,
Jedi Juice is hilarious.

Alcohol is for losers.

Coca-Cola for me, real genuine American capitalist oppression, distilled down into a concentrated, bottled form. Aaaahhh! Ain't nothing better than that, ingested ice cold of course.

I'm an alchohol loser. Coke aint never been the same since they substituted high fructose corn syrup for the sugar.

I prefer fine wine, vodka, very good tequila and rum. Love beer too, but it's too filling for a good pass-out by 10 buzz.

Lately the post work drink has been a spicy bloody mary but that was after a year of martinis.

Guden Oden said:
Alcohol is for losers.

Coca-Cola for me, real genuine American capitalist oppression, distilled down into a concentrated, bottled form. Aaaahhh! Ain't nothing better than that, ingested ice cold of course.

I usually drink Coke light, beer is rather an exception on workdays. But c'mon, you _never_ drink any? That's strange.

Of course I don't drink *any*, why should I. Alcohol is poisonous, take that as a clue why you too should avoid it. ;) Its health risks are well documented, and seeing the level of human suffering it causes on a daily basis, I just don't want to associate myself with it at all, on any level.

Besides, it's generally more expensive than non-alcoholic beverages, and it tastes worse to boot, so the choice's real easy for me. ;)

While I agree with Guden in a few ways, I still see the value in beer. It's definitely something I tiptoe around, coming from a family with a history of alcoholism. Plus, I've been around the block with weed enough times to know what a lazy asshole I become if I get too wasted. Regardless, I love tasty beers... mostly IPAs and stouts, though I can enjoy a good weisbier from time to time too. In SH the options are limited. When I splurge I enjoy the Murphy's on tap, when I buy bottles for home I get the slightly cheaper "Old Speckled Hen". Best beer in the world? Easily Fuller's ESB. See if you can find a draft. :9~

rabidrabbit said:
...now I can understand why Guden's posts are often so angry.

Though if we had same prices for alc like in Sweden, I guess I wouldn't drink anymore as well...

Guden Oden said:
Of course I don't drink *any*, why should I. Alcohol is poisonous, take that as a clue why you too should avoid it. ;) Its health risks are well documented, and seeing the level of human suffering it causes on a daily basis, I just don't want to associate myself with it at all, on any level.

Besides, it's generally more expensive than non-alcoholic beverages, and it tastes worse to boot, so the choice's real easy for me. ;)

Beer is allot more healthy then Coca Cola. Maybe you dont like it becuse the price for beer and alchohol in Sweeden is totaly insane.
Coca Cola will get you killed allot sooner then Beer.

m4trix said:
Beer is allot more healthy then Coca Cola.
I don't think CC is particulary healthy (at all), but I really doubt the truth of your statement.

Maybe you dont like it becuse the price for beer and alchohol in Sweeden is totaly insane.
I don't think the stuff would taste any better if the price was cheaper... ;)

Coca Cola will get you killed allot sooner then Beer.
Considering the vast majority of violent crime and such is committed under the influence of alcohol, well, again I doubt your statement.

Guden Oden said:
Considering the vast majority of violent crime and such is committed under the influence of alcohol, well, again I doubt your statement.

Other than war actions I suppose.
This is another good reason why pot should be legal. Instead of getting drunk and getting into a fistfight, the same people would get stoned and stimulate the economy through nacho sales.

_xxx_ said:
SH is where?

Shanghai, CHina. whoops, sorry, thought that was in my location thingie.

Mize said:
This is another good reason why pot should be legal. Instead of getting drunk and getting into a fistfight, the same people would get stoned and stimulate the economy through nacho sales.

EXACTLY.

Back