Finland to finally win the Eurovision song contest

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
Yep, you read it right - finally, instead of ending up with 0 points, we'll win the thing :devilish:'

Our this years representer is - Lordi
lordi1gm.jpg

To see their performance in the finnish own finals on who's going, check the link below (note, singer is in ~38C fever so it's not optimal performance there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjzwY08Qfc&search=lordi

This is indeed our best chance ever to have any success there, our previous one would have been few years back, when Nightwish was in the finnish finals, and got twice the votes compared to the one coming second, the one who ended 2nd went to the eurovision contest due "judge votes" or something like that :cry: - this time the people decided it alone :cool:

edit: song lyrics, for your viewing pleasures:

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

The saints are crippled
On this sinners' night
Lost are the lambs with no guiding light

The walls come down like thunder
The rocks about to roll
It's The Arockalypse
Now bare your soul

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
In God's creation supernatural high

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith
On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
Or the one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how they managed to get cthulhu as a member of the band; I'm sure that's him, 2nd from the left, top row. ;)

Anyway, yeah. I'm sure you finns will win now. Nobody else stands a chance! :D

Anyway, best of luck, heh. Finland deserves to win this time, if for no other reason then to put our jesus-freak Carola in her place. Feckin GIVE IT A REST DAMMIT, you won twice already, isn't that enough???

Hehe, I'm a huge Lordi fan. Have been since the debut album (which is IMO still their best). The monster thing I could do without, though. Seen it too many times before.

Guess I'll vote for Finland then. It's unlikely that there will be any other half-decent band at that contest. I always saw it as some sort of national public self-humiliation to which the big countries send their B and C (if even...) stars. Only the smaller countries and the Turks seem to take it serious.

One of the reasons for this is that the contest is a bit of a sham, with all the Greek/Cypriot incest votes and the pan-slavonic solidarity votes. Basically, the best way to win the contest is to balkanize your country into a shitload of little countries and have them vote for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Lordi should fare a bit better than previous Finnish performers I guess, but I don't think they'll win. Not mainstream enough.

So cool!!! Finns are a crazy bunch, I love you guys!!! :)

Guden Oden said:
Anyway, yeah. I'm sure you finns will win now. Nobody else stands a chance! :D

But if Norway sends Turbonegro or Dimmu Borgir? :p

_xxx_ said:
But if Norway sends Turbonegro or Dimmu Borgir? :p

Errm, the Lordi monster thing will be weird enough for most people. Turbonegro or Dimmu Borgir would take the cake though.

Dimmu Borgir are a bunch of retarded clowns
1743.jpg

Turbonegro are awesome but I suspect that the fag act wouldn't really fly with the audience.

SAilor.jpg

I love Turbonegro, less for their music but for the fun. Saw them at least 5 times already and always had a great time. Partyyyyyy!!! :D

But the post above was a joke, of course...

I think it's finally time to reveal the secret as to why Finland doesn't succeed in the Eurovision Song Contests.
It's because we really don't want to, we could win any day of course, but it would be a disaster for our national TV company if we did.
It would cost too much money, and it that would reflect in the already high TV licence fees. Also that would mean less money for decent TV programs.

And I think the next years contest, if held in Finland, the whole event would be embarassing. I don't think we really have the talent, imagination and resources to put up such a big spectacle with style.

So, please. Do not vote for Finland this year either.... I beg you.

rabidrabbit said:
So, please. Do not vote for Finland this year either.... I beg you.
Don't be such a pussy, if Estonia and Latvia can do it, so can Finland. We're talking about a shitty little song contest, not the Olympic games.

Plus, Finland deserves to win. Tons of great talent there. Apocalyptica, Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Finntroll, Sentenced, Sinergy, Amorphis, Ensiferum, Hanoi Rocks, Moonsorrow, LAB, Sonata Arctica, To/Die/For... and of course Waltari.

L233 said:
Errm, the Lordi monster thing will be weird enough for most people. Turbonegro or Dimmu Borgir would take the cake though.

Dimmu Borgir are a bunch of retarded clowns
1743.jpg

Turbonegro are awesome but I suspect that the fag act wouldn't really fly with the audience.

SAilor.jpg
Hmm, one of the guys in that Dimmu Borgir photo looks awfully like James McIllroy, formerly of Cradle of Filth, and prior to that Imagination Technologies.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Finland wins that contest.

Now that is a bit of a trouble since:

a) Hell does not exist, therefore having a specific kind of weather there is logically impossible.

b) If the hell did indeed exist, I don't think there would be such things as "day" or "night", it would be just the miserable "morning when you gotta wake up and go to work" all the time.

But there is a little hope still, since in Finnish mythology of Kalevala, hell actually IS a very cold place. It's a cultural thing, you see... us living in a cold country would naturally think hell as a cold place, while those living in extremely hot places tend to think coolness=good.

Captain Chickenpants said:
Hmm, one of the guys in that Dimmu Borgir photo looks awfully like James McIllroy, formerly of Cradle of Filth, and prior to that Imagination Technologies.

What's that with Imagination Technologies? You mean the company? :???:

Oh my, is this getting funny or not :LOL:

All kinds of christian wackos are now yelling, tabloids writing etc how Finland can send these "spawns of Satan" to Eurovision contest, and how a company they're related to is lead by someone sentenced to life in prison etc etc :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Man I would have loved to grown up in Finland. Instead I had to grow up in Hiphop/Regaeville grrr, must have been one of 3 maybe rockers in the region I lived in.

Scandinavia ownz, so many great metal bands.

I know Lordi is a "teenager band", but I still love it. The Eurovision song seemed dull the first time, but the more I listen to it, it gets better. But, in Eurovision you have to get the audience the first time. So even if Finland stands out more than normally, the song isn't the best possible.

Oh yea, and I'm new here but old at EB. Hi all :). And I'm a Finn, just living Down Under at the moment.

Back