What kind of car(s) do you guys drive?

radeonic2 said:
i said my next car.. my current car is a bug :LOL:
it doesn't have a cat though.

oh yeah? my last car was a 97 GSX with a gigantic turbo with an external wastegate that vented to the atmosphere!! BWHAHAH

2001 Toyota 4Runner all TRD incl supercharger
2002 Jeep Liberty (company car)
2006 Chrysler 300C AWD with every available option (company car)

Lovin' the Chrysler so far...

nintenho said:
Whoa nelly, did you get it from an auction?
um no.. where yall get that idea?
He paid a bit much tho..
considering it needed a major tuneup.
valve adjustment++
it was clickin like a mofo ;)

1998 Pathfinder SE for me and a 2004 350Z performance coupe for my wife:

CleanZ.jpg

We trade off depending on the weather, passenger/cargo needs, and availability of the Z. ;)

1992 Toyota Paseo, which burns oil, and the check engine light has been on for two years.

My primary vehicle is a late 2005 Ford Explorer XLT LTD, Black, with the Floorboard-Storage option (as opposed to the extra 2 seats...). Got that a short while ago (technically a company car, but it's my mothers business anyway so..:) )

The car I was driving before that (and still do quite often) is a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sports Classic, straight-six....bloody lovely car, once the dodgy engine that got recalled was replaced, and the thousand other things wrong with it were fixed. very powerfull car, handles like a dream and has an awesome wheelbase.

Sometimes I drive one of mums BMW's (X3, X5), but those are some of the worst vehicles i've ever seen...can't see anything from the inside out (seats too high, windows too small), handles like a piece of shit in the ocean, and the steering wheel! It's barely as big as my fricken hand! :p

Mize said:
2006 Chrysler 300C AWD with every available option (company car)

Lovin' the Chrysler so far...

Was it that thread where you asked about new company car? Glad you went for the right thing :)

radeonic2 said:
um no.. where yall get that idea?
He paid a bit much tho..
considering it needed a major tuneup.
valve adjustment++
it was clickin like a mofo ;)
There's usually a lot of mechanics at car auctions since a lot of the cars need a lot of things fixed and nobody else is too interested in them.

dukmahsik said:
But yes, if you dont care about saving money and want a hybrid car to save the planet then sure go for it. I think that's great.

Although there is absolutely no way that driving a hybrid SUV which only does something in the order of 30-40MPG could ever be called 'saving the planet'... Cars like PSA's upcoming diesel hybrids (around 70MPG) are at least an attempt to that direction, but replacing all the cars in the world with those wouldn't still do much else than rock the volumes of oil business a little.

Last of the real Range Rovers! 1987, the year before they went to the automatic viscus centre dif. Then added diff locks front and back, winch, bull bars, LPG/CNG, free-flow exhaust, snorkel, etc, etc, etc. Havent driven it in 2 years cos its in NZ, and Im not. It did get 27MPG on the open road using LPG, which in term of emmisions is about the same as getting ~70MPG on unleaded.

In London, I walk for 20 minutes to the tube station, then 40 minutes on the tube, then 5 minutes walk to the office.

In NZ I drove a Fiat Tippo 1.9 diesel. From home to work was exactly 3 minutes if I got all the traffic lights, or 7 minutes if it was a busy traffic day. 1 tank of diesel would last 3.5 weeks.

Ali

EDIT: Changed last paragraph to NZ from London. Opps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back