Jets & Sharks at CeBIT

micron said:
Cant be...the only Englishman who's broken the dork mold is MuFu I think:LOL:

Hmm, wouldn't be too sure of that. I said "lol" again last week. :oops:

MuFu said:
...having said that, it looks like someone found one alright.

ceb18.jpg

I suppose a caption competition is in order :-

Girl ( thinking ) :- If these guys were not Sweeney and Carmack there is no way I would be standing here for this photo.... E3 can not come soon enough ....

Respected hardware journalist leaves tankard of warm urine on nVidia trade stand.

digitalwanderer said:
Who's the guy on the left? Is that Anand?

No, A picture of Anand can be seen at Anandtech on the last page of his Newegg article. I hope he does not mind me saying but Anand seems to have a put a bit of weight on recently ..he used to be very skinny. Must the good life of being a web owner. I would say he is well into 7 figures by now.

dizietsma said:
I hope he does not mind me saying but Anand seems to have a put a bit of weight on recently ..he used to be very skinny. Must the good life of being a web owner. I would say he is well into 7 figures by now.

Or the "good life" of being married. ;)

"But I'm not hungry! Can't we have sex instead?"

"Eat your food!"

dizietsma said:
No, A picture of Anand can be seen at Anandtech on the last page of his Newegg article. I hope he does not mind me saying but Anand seems to have a put a bit of weight on recently ..he used to be very skinny. Must the good life of being a web owner. I would say he is well into 7 figures by now.

But who is it then? I first thought it was Fudo, but I don't think Rys would hang out with him ;)

_xxx_ said:
But who is it then? I first thought it was Fudo, but I don't think Rys would hang out with him ;)
Then you think wrongly of me! I'm good friends with Fuad (as is 99% of the online press I'd imagine), and I have more time for him than I do pretty much anyone else that does this stuff. He's a great guy, and massively misunderstood and underestimated by folks that only see The Inq side of him.

As for my compatriot in the piccy, I'll keep you guessing. Fudo is close, though.....

Hi,

just a quick insight into CeBIT Partys. It is pretty common that people from Company A go to a party of company B and the other way. And if a Company C is selling products of both companies, the people from A and B meet there all the time. This is normal and all know each other for a long time.

Even A going to B and the opposite is not new. This already happened last year

NV people went to the ATI CeBIT 2005 Party and were having some beers:
http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/03/17/cebit_2005/page17.html

And the opposite at the NVIDIA 2005 Munich Hall party:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=1053&redirect=yes

The Munich hall is huge. Hundreds of companies are having Party there at the same time. Everybody is just renting a few tables and that´s it. Last year (And I think this year as well), ATI Partners like Sapphire were having a Party in Munich Hall at the same time than NV.

Something must have been different this year (I was not there). Normally, it´s all fun, harmony and friendly. As it should be.

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
MuFu said:
I think there's your answer.

Heh. So you just said it's Lars fault? :p

I'm sure German hospitality is completely blameless in the entire affair!

Rys said:
Then you think wrongly of me! I'm good friends with Fuad (as is 99% of the online press I'd imagine), and I have more time for him than I do pretty much anyone else that does this stuff. He's a great guy, and massively misunderstood and underestimated by folks that only see The Inq side of him.

As for my compatriot in the piccy, I'll keep you guessing. Fudo is close, though.....

Just kidding, he's my landsman after all! So it's Charlie?

Back