Playstation 3 to use 1x Blu-ray?

as the ps3 will play blu-ray movies,it has to be 1.5x minimum.

my money is on 2x.

edit:54mbps in the pic *is* 1.5x

edit2:looking at that pic again,it *confirms* the ps3 will be 2x because the offical spec's state bd-r/bd-re compatability.
which the pic show to be 2x....

Last edited by a moderator:
So Pioneer is now the company to sell PS3? :oops:
My prediction is 4x.
roch01.jpg

So are we taking this as comfirmation that the PS3 has a 2x Blu-Ray drive?

Edit: Just because the disc can be run at 4x, doesn't mean the drive will be faster than 2x.

I don't even think 1x drives exist? It'll probably be a 2x, but there's nothing here to suggest anything..

mrdarko said:
edit2:looking at that pic again,it *confirms* the ps3 will be 2x because the offical spec's state bd-r/bd-re compatability.
which the pic show to be 2x....
It doesn't *confirm* anything of the sort. At most you might infer the minimum speed the drive can be is 2x; in reality it could turn out to be faster than that.

Some people really need to calm down, I think. :) Official confirmation of all these little details will come sooner or later. E3 isn't too far off now...

I remember people here were adamant that it would be 1x and destroy loadtimes. Ahhh, goodtimes.

2x puts it between 12x min-max, so 2x is equivalent to X360. Thats where I believe it'll be.

As for this slide, who knows? If we take it at a glance, games will require 30gb+.

Nicked said:
I remember people here were adamant that it would be 1x and destroy loadtimes. Ahhh, goodtimes.

2x puts it between 12x min-max, so 2x is equivalent to X360. Thats where I believe it'll be.

As for this slide, who knows? If we take it at a glance, games will require 30gb+.

Actually no. A 2X's Blue Ray drive is not equivalent to a 12X's DVD drive. To just slightly be fasterthan a 12X DVD drive a 4X's blueRay drive would be needed.

Ben:
I assume you don't consider that a CAV 12x DVDROM wouldn't be anywhere near 12x speed reading from the middle/inner part of the disc?

Back